Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I haven't played this expansion yet. However I was wondering about one little thing.
You are not allowed to fire up your nuke plant when you do not own a city outside of the nuke forbidden areas. => does this mean only when owning one area can you fire up your full plant value or only up to the amount of the nuke capacity? It seems harder to keep track of the latter but also more involving...
I was just wondering about this when going over the rules.
Any info would be apreciated.
Cheers
Lexen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know where you have your rules from, but they are wrong.

The rules is that you cannot buy (or even bid on or select for auction) a Nuclear Power Plant unless you own at least one city in Hungary, Czech Republic or Slovakia.

Once you have one such city you are free to buy and use as many Nuclear Power Plants you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I guess i made it more complicated than needed.
When you own one city outside the non-nuke zone and you have a plant that powers more cities (a 2 or more nuclear plant) can you fire the capacity for the whole plant or just that one city?
I was aware about not being able to buy a nuclear plant when not owning the city and i apologize for the confusion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are making the game complicated than it is. This is 'German game', not an American simulation.

As I wrote:
Quote:
Once you have one such city you are free to buy and use as many Nuclear Power Plants you like.

You can use ALL your powerplants to power ANY of you cities.
The rules only limits what you can buy - not what you can use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: special rules (nuke and trash) for the eastern europe si
This would represent (simulate?) building your new power stations in a pro-nuclear country and exporting the electricity down cables.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Martin
Canada
Torbay
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes perfect thematic sense:

You cannot buy/bid on a Nuclear plant if you only own cities in the non-nuke zone because you have nowhere to "put" the plant. Even though the game allows for all plants to exist in some nebulous fifth dimension, Freise used a clever de-facto allusion to power plant BUILD LOCATION with the Central Europe map. Owning a city outside the non-nuke zone gives you a place to BUILD the plant in...but you can easily export excess power from ANY city to another city, regardless of the political realities.

The non-nuke zones don't have prohibitions against being POWERED by nuclear power, they just don't want those plants on their soil.

You can use the same logic to understand the Wein bonus, as locating garbage plants "in" Wein (represented by owning that city) allows the power company to benefit from the political arrangement between Wein and it's neighbours. You are free to export this power to all cities in your grid, which is why you don't just get to buy garbage cheaper to power Wein alone.

A wonderfully eloqeunt way to "add" a new rule's effect (Plant placement) to the game without actually adding the rule at all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wien

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.