Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolas Acosta
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
Great Übergeek Old One
badge
"That is not dead which can eternal lie; yet with strange aeons, even death may die" Abdul Al-Hazred, Necronomicon
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Is there any T&E travel edition? Smaller board, with magnets or something?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With 153 civilization tiles and 140 victory point cubes it would seem that T&E would hardly lend itself to a "travel edition."

But wait, there's hope!

http://boardgamegeek.com/game/19419

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, that was afterall, a diy travel version of E&T (and not SoC...good God, I really ought to be more careful cry)

That being said, I would rather give the card game version of E&T a go rather than play a game of Monopoly, especially with 500 bucks in Free Parking.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeremiahClayton wrote:
The problem with the Euphrat and Tigris card game.. aside from it's awful gameplay.. is that it takes more room to play than Tigris and Euphrates.

I am not sure if the picture is a DIY version of the board game.. but if so.. the person should mass produce the travel edition.

It has a DIY tag. If a commercial version exists, it would be the best kept secret of our hobby.

I haven't played the card game nor do I intend to own it. As you said, the game takes up as much table space as the boardgame, and it certainly doesn't offer near the level of game experience. But the box takes up far less space (especially compared to the HIG editions of the boardgame) and is therefore much easier to travel with.

But no, it doesn't work in the back seat of a car or the tray table on an airplane.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalle wong
Sweden
göteborg
västergötland
flag msg tools
JeremiahClayton wrote:

I've often toyed with the idea of making T&E out of LEGOS.. but the leaders are problematic. There are circular LEGOS.. but there is no way to designate the leaders.

that is really interresting.
there is always a way... you could make a mix colour... the top represent the person and the downpart represent the leaders color... or if you want to take it to a little more cruel way is to take different head and make them the players choice and the colour on the hat/toppiece as the leader...
well if you actually make a game out of lego I will be really enjoying to see the pictures of it on the bbg =)

//shiranai

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
there is a free version of this with AI at sourceforge.net if a laptop is considered a "travel version."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.