Subject: optimum # of players and how long does it take? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adam sanderson
United States
philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
We may have anywhere from 3 to 5 players.
Is it any good with 3? Is 5 too many?
How long do the games last? With 3? 4? 5?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aethyr
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think it would be as much fun with 3 people, I'd try to get at least 4 if possible (3 people + yourself).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lazygamer wrote:
We may have anywhere from 3 to 5 players.
Is it any good with 3? Is 5 too many?
How long do the games last? With 3? 4? 5?

Thanks.

I have played with 4, 5, and 6. My favorite was with 5, then 6, then 4. I In general, the more the merrier, but with 6, the last and largest speakeasy is used. But it was too large to come into play. With 5, the next-to-largest speakeasy has the +1K added to the profit and the wholesale prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Saul-Sehy
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bootleggers is all about the table talk....so make sure and have a few players (4-6). The only reason to play with less is to get the rules down. Once you've got the sequence of events the game runs fairly easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Durrett
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The number of mob cards scales with the number of players, so having more players means having more card choices, which adds variety and makes for a more interesting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christensen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I think three players is far too few while with six players, you get the use of the big speakeasy, the game runs on way, way too long. I'd stick with 4 & 5 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.