Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I was shopping in our local Barnes and Noble bookstore yesterday (bought way too many DVDs again!) and noticed a display near the kids section. On that display were a number of games including Puerto Rico, Carcassonne, Blokus, Tsuro and Apples to Apples, as well as a selection of the Gameswright games (Loot, Rat-a-tat Cat, Sleeping Queens). Very nice to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
They also have an exclusive Onyx Edition Scrabble that looks pretty fancy. I put it on my xmas list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Stubbs
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This, again, seems to be only at select locations. I just went into my local B&N here in Charlotte, NC and its as boring as ever unless I want any one of the seven varieties of Monopoly they are proudly displaying in the front window yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ryokowerx wrote:
This, again, seems to be only at select locations. I just went into my local B&N here in Charlotte, NC and its as boring as ever unless I want any one of the seven varieties of Monopoly they are proudly displaying in the front window yuk

Don't worry -- all those stores that have the "good" games won't have them anymore by the end of the year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Dag, yo. I just checked at my semi-local B&N yesterday (@ the Plaza in Kansas City), and they had a bunch of junk (with exception to the lone copy of Settlers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A number of Barnes and Noble stores got those games in support of National Games Week, but unfortunately that is about as far as they went. I haven't seen any other kind of promotion of gaming at the local ones here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Derscheid
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit, I'm hoping to pick up RoboRally, Niagara, and Hey, That's My Fish at huge discounts when they get blown out in a week or two.

Either that, or I'll buy them at a discount from my FLGS, since they support that.

All the Blue Moon decks were $7 a pop this weekend, and Blue Moon City was $30...

That's good times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My local store does. My toddler and I were in there recently picking up a birthday gift. Then he wanted to visit the Thomas the Tank Engine table they have in the children's section. As we headed over there and passed their "games" area, I did a double take. Is that Shear Panic? Hey! That's My Fish? Rheinlander?

So I grabbed several of them and took them with me to the Thomas table to look at the boxes. When I put them back, another customer put down their monopoly clone to look at what I was putting back. I was on the way out or I would have done some evangelizing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure those games will stick around through Christmas. A lot of the games end up on sale. They'll start reducing the prices some time after Christmas and by March will clear out a bunch of games at 75% off. If I remember right, last year they had War of the Rings at 75% off. Unfortunately, they sold out by the time I got there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I saw 3 Rheinlanders, 2 Hey, That's My Fish!, 1 RoboRally and 2 Niagara's here as well as a bunch of Apples to Apples. All were at full MSRP but with the 25% off coupon available online from B&N I did end up picking up one of the Hey! That's My Fish copies for just under $20.

While B&N weren't selling Go, I also happened to see two pairs playing Go in the coffeeshop area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric fox
United States
birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
Check out this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/131289

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.