Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Two of the events (Conflict and Tournament) reward the player(s) with the Largest Army card or the most soldiers. If no one has any soldiers, does everyone get the reward or no one? We played that no one gets it, but it could be argued that everyone has the "most", with zero. Has there been an official ruling for this anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
No Soldiers, no Largest Army Card. In fact, I believe you have to have three Soldiers to initially qualify for the Largest Army card.

As for "most Soldiers", if everybody has NO soldiers, I'd say nobody has the "most", eh?

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Barksdale
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played that everyone gets the reward, which seems a little silly in retrospect. If everyone has 1 soldier though, everyone should get the reward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if everyone has 1 soldier, everyone should get the most soldiers award. But not an award that goes to the person with the 'Largest Army' card. You can't collect that award until you actually have said card, which requires 3 soldiers.

Not that I've seen the event card wording...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the cards in question say something like 'the highest number of active soldier points'... And if everyone has zero, then zero IS the highest number. Unfortunately I was outvoted on this issue tonight during a game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
sparr0 wrote:
I think the cards in question say something like 'the highest number of active soldier points'... And if everyone has zero, then zero IS the highest number. Unfortunately I was outvoted on this issue tonight during a game

Just try to think a bit in the spirit of the game:
How do you think anybody could win a Tournament or even a Conflict if no one has any soldiers?
So what should they get rewarded for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
The German wording is very clear on this one:

The player(s) with the most played soldier cards receive(s) one resource card of his/her (their) choice. Cities&Knights: Whoever has the highest number of activated knights.*) Commodities may not be chosen.

*) PS: In German: Stärkepunkte, so a mighty knight counts as two etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kroon
South Africa
flag msg tools
The German wording you refer to has the same lack of clarity as the English version: if I have zero played soldier cards, and so does everyone else, we all have the most played soldier cards. Do we all pick up a resource or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.