5 Posts

Catan Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Settlers of Catan Card Game with more than 2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: catan [+] [View All]
Wayne Burg
msg tools
Hi everyone,

Is there a way to play Settlers of Catan the Card Game with more than just 2 players? I love the game, but everytime I've played it in the past another person or 2 will come up and want to play too.

Thanks
Wayne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are enough resource cards to have a 3rd player. We did it once and, as I recall, didn't have anyy issues with the way the game played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also think about playing Cities & Knights Expansion to Settlers of Catan the board game. It plays quite a bit like the card game and is designed for 3-4 players (5-6 with the expansion (to the expansion), but I think that would be a bit much).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP LaChance
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got another complete set + the complete expansion deck if you would want to work out some type of trade or sale.

JP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some rule variants for 3 and 4 players (in German):
http://www.das-leinhaus.de/siedler/varianten/dreiundvier.htm...

The website is also a great resource for inofficial theme sets (dozens of them), but sadly only three of them are translated to English:
http://www.das-leinhaus.de/settlers/frames.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.