Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite of the really ugly map, this scenario seemed interesting:
- Kleber's French start trapped on top of Mount Tabor in a fortress-like position
- Ottomans are more or less surrounding them right from the beginning and are out numbering them 10 to 1.
- French with Napoleon will arrive from one side of the map, Murat and some other minor French will arrive from another side.

So basically many option for the Turcs: storm Kleber on Mount Tabor before reinforcement or focus on some of the reinforcing troops to smash them before they join together...

After looking closely at the modifier for an assault on Mount Tabor, I came to the conclusion that it was a complete waste of time to storm the Mount; it is easier to hunt the French as they arrive instead of wasting troops in a bloody assault for not much...

So for my first game, I kept some troops around Mount Tabor to prevent Kleber from moving out and Murat from joining up and I send the main of the Ottoman army (Ashmed Pascha, the infantry and Qasimiya cavalry) to prevent Napoleon to deploy.
Napoleon arrived on turn 2, at the same time as Murat. Murat moved to rescue Kleber and started to attack Abbas troops that were guarding the mount. Abbas was hit hard and had to move back. Kleber moved out and joined Murat to almost destroy Abbas troops. The Ottoman guarding troops were obviously too weak for their task...
Unfortunately the other side, the main army charged Napoleon troops and inflicted 3 steps damage and Napoleon was killed in the fight. The French commandment was gone and the battle stopped as Murat and Kleber could not have faced alone the entire army turning on them...

It was a short game and it shown that it was difficult to move the Ottoman army due to the low initiative value of their leaders. Without the lucky death of Bonaparte they probably wouldn't have resisted...

After this first game, the command system seemed to be the key of this battle: the French clearly in military inferiority and the Ottoman massive but very hard to get moving.
Strangely, the sooner the French reinforcements enter, the more chances the Ottoman have to move their army (by having more attempts to activate troops)…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.