Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Cooper
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks. I'm trying to figure out some intricacies of the rules so that I can figure out this expansion I'm making, but...

These tables are giving me fits. There seem to be so many redundancies and so many places to look for obscure DRMs and rules that I'm having a hard time getting any of it straight. It's fine when I'm playing - I just note down the DRM and move on, but in terms of making an expansion, trying to figure out where the designer's head is at is driving me mad.

Anyway, I've just run up against this little thing on the Bl-1 Wings table:

"10 Fuel Tank - Roll 1D: 1-3 Outboard Tank; 4-6 inboard tank.

Two questions:

1. Is this just for flavor? I don't see where the fact that it's inboard or outboard has any effect at all in game terms.

2. If it's just for flavor, why is the side (port/starboard) not taken into account?

Maybe it's that I'm going crazy and I've missed something really obvious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. It's just for flavor.

2. When you roll for damage on the Wing chart, you already know which wing is hit from your previous rolls on the hit location tables per attack angles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gingell
United Kingdom
Shelfanger
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. so you can populate/record/role-play a more interesting AAR

2. What Frank said
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
Screaming Eagle and Damn Proud of it!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Beery wrote:
Hi folks. I'm trying to figure out some intricacies of the rules so that I can figure out this expansion I'm making, but...

These tables are giving me fits. There seem to be so many redundancies and so many places to look for obscure DRMs and rules that I'm having a hard time getting any of it straight. It's fine when I'm playing - I just note down the DRM and move on, but in terms of making an expansion, trying to figure out where the designer's head is at is driving me mad.

Anyway, I've just run up against this little thing on the Bl-1 Wings table:

"10 Fuel Tank - Roll 1D: 1-3 Outboard Tank; 4-6 inboard tank.

Two questions:

1. Is this just for flavor? I don't see where the fact that it's inboard or outboard has any effect at all in game terms.

2. If it's just for flavor, why is the side (port/starboard) not taken into account?

Maybe it's that I'm going crazy and I've missed something really obvious.

Insanity can be fun... embrace it...

Read Note g on BL-1. As each tank "springs a leak" the distance able to fly gets shorter. And which wing is usually determined on B-5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beery wrote:

It has an effect on the game, there are 4 fuel tanks.
One tank hit range 4,5 or 6 zones
Two tanks hit range 2 zones
Three tanks hit range 1 zone
Four tanks hit range 0 zones

ERRATA:same tank hit use last result

Craig you beat me by 4 minutes while i was typing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 tanks leaks and no fuel fires: lucky or unlucky?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
FrUnit7 wrote:

your a goner either way so it doesn't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FrUnit7 wrote:

Fuel Tank Fire's..

Dive that bomber !

Dive, Dive, Dive....

Torpedo Run...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Cooper
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FrUnit7 wrote:
2. When you roll for damage on the Wing chart, you already know which wing is hit from your previous rolls on the hit location tables per attack angles.

Ah that's right. I've been staring at these charts for way too long - I'm getting chart happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.