Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: WW with Family rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I love my family and my in-laws. We play some "mafia" (WW under a different name) and we generally have a really good time. We never whisper (hardly). We always play vanilla: Mafia (wolves)-Cop(Seer)-Villagers. And all the logic and strategy here on the geek games go totally out the window (well almost). I try to play strategically sometimes but it usually backfires. Well it always does. They always play "by gut". No amount of logic - voting records, reason, etc etc.....matters.

My inlaws are not gamers.

Therefore, BGG WW has ruined me. Just wondering if anyone had the same frustrations.

Well, I'm not too frustrated. It's always a good time....just felt like saying.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
My only hesitation in playing in real life, really. To get the minimum number of players I'd need to draw in at last two people who I know just wouldn't "get it"

Ah well, I always have you guys
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am tempted to draw in 5 at christmas and teach with the 5 player.

Then when people go "hey that's cool" I can draw it out to standard 7 player... maybe.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
And all the logic and strategy here on the geek games go totally out the window (well almost). I try to play strategically sometimes but it usually backfires. Well it always does. They always play "by gut". No amount of logic - voting records, reason, etc etc.....matters.



I fail to see how this is any different than our online play.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
I fail to see how this is any different than our online play.


I agree (even though Kima was going for the joke here). We have both kinds of players. Some of us go for 'logic' and others go for 'gut'. Most of us is somewhere inbetween.

I've seen plenty of times where 'gut' works better then 'logic'. You think the 'logic' that someone puts out is great, only to find out the target was on my side.

To me, this game is all about reading people. Part of that is 'logic' and part of that is 'gut' and I think you need both to be really good at this game.

Another skill you need to be good at is selling your ideas to the players. You can be right 100% of the time, but if you can't get others to see your point it doesn't matter very much.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pbwedz wrote:


Another skill you need to be good at is selling your ideas to the players. You can be right 100% of the time, but if you can't get others to see your point it doesn't matter very much.



Yep.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZOMG ITS
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
WW is one of those games that I hate playing anywhere but online. I can play it with gamers, but to get the min. number you always have to pull in a couple of non-gamers. Somethimes this gets bad in that they don't really care about the outcome of the game. Then you make an accusation and they say "Pfft. I'm not listening to you, you know the rules."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
play it at a Con
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
play it at a Con


Cons scare the shit out of me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
jmilum wrote:
play it at a Con


Cons scare the shit out of me.


Cons are the shit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
agnespoodle wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:
jmilum wrote:
play it at a Con


Cons scare the shit out of me.


Cons are the shit.


You just exploded my brain. Too much shit to make sense out of.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
jmilum wrote:
play it at a Con


Cons scare the shit out of me.


you and me both, but the people are grand.

I really meant that in response to funktards lament about not having enough gamers to play with.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Con Con Con Con
Con Con Con Con
Con Con Con Con Con Con Con
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounded converse.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.