Subject: 2 reinforcement places ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
frederic Salaun
msg tools
mb
hello
I have 1 question :
what's the point of having 2 reinforcement places in each zone, since only 1 reinforcing hero may help in combat by boosting dice ?
thx for the answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Cordes
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I guess you like to have as much support as possible with tough assignments (headlines). Aside from boosts when rolling the dice, supporting heroes can help you with their supporting special abilities when in the same Area. For example, when fighting with Spidey, it can be quite helpful to have Daredevil to reduce the Trouble Level, and in addition have Electra lurking about to add Hits to your Attack rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
cunctator94 wrote:
what's the point of having 2 reinforcement places in each zone, since only 1 reinforcing hero may help in combat by boosting dice?

So up to two teams (i.e. players) may have a supporter in the same district.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frederic Salaun
msg tools
mb
... right, but a second team couldn't cope with the headline (even if the first team fails, the headline is discarded...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
Where in the rules can you find, that you can only take one supporting hero with you in combat? We always played that one team can choose to solve a headline with more than one supporting hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having two supporting heroes might be very useful, depending on what their support abilities are. Also, denying the other players the use of one of the supporting character spaces might be of some value. I don't see anywhere in the rules where you can't have more than one supporting character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Becerra Aller
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way I think it could be useful to have 2 supporting characters around id for:

a) use one character's Troubleshooting support action and the other one's Combat Action (ie having Thor and Cap supporting Hulk at the same time)

b) One of the above plus having a character with the right skill to cope the Trouble Roll avoiding boosts. (ie Crime for X-men, Wolv goes there, Storm raises the cost of Villain Cards, Jean Grey gives needed Science Skill).

All in all, it cost you 1 action to move that extra character there, so it's rarely worth the effort.

And you'll never "occupy" nor "deny" other player spaces, since as cunctator94 points out, once a player goes for a headline, it's over for good or bad. And there's never more than one headline per area, so...
Another thing could be to send one of your supporting to a circle wher another player already has one ready + support characters and was expecting to send another one for the reasons above. That would be twisty and devious, but not seen many times.

Caedes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Caedes wrote:
And you'll never "occupy" nor "deny" other player spaces, since as cunctator94 points out, once a player goes for a headline, it's over for good or bad. And there's never more than one headline per area, so...

There are later turns...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Becerra Aller
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:
Caedes wrote:

There are later turns...

Sorry, but suppoting heroes always came back to the hero card at the beginning of each Turn. (Rulebook , page 6, under "Recieving Plot Points")
So, you can't just let them there in order to support headlines to come.

Caedes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Caedes wrote:
Luke the Flaming wrote:
Caedes wrote:

There are later turns...

Sorry, but suppoting heroes always came back to the hero card at the beginning of each Turn. (Rulebook , page 6, under "Recieving Plot Points")
So, you can't just let them there in order to support headlines to come.

Caedes

No need to apologize, you're perfectly rigth!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, from my understanding of the rules, just because one player used a move action to put their ready character and supporting character in the district, they may decide not to troubleshoot the headline as their next action.

So it may be benificial to move to an already occupied district if you (or another player) can convince the first player to do an action other than troubleshooting. Confused yet? I know I am!

Game events that may cause a player to skip troubleshooting:

1. a story card for their team is moved to the last step on the story track, they may decide to take a story action to get that card for a power up and Victory Point

2. a most wanted villain appears that their ready hero can't beat

3. their move was a bluff to begin with, just to prevent another team from defeating the headline

I'm sure there are other reasons that will come up during play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also found it useful to go to a spot that another has gone to already, as it may either:

Force them to attempt the headline with an improper amount of resources, or allow you to deal with the headline and move to a less opportune headline.

For example:

FF goes to a spot with torch, IW supporting. MF is on support in order to get his resource cards next round to help out with combat in round 3.

If I move there in same round as FF, the FF player then needs to decide if they want to attempt the headline without the extra resource cards, or wait a round and risk me taking the headline before them, thus making them spend another action to move to a potentially more difficult headline, with the resources they expected to have for the easier headline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Schaefer
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
That may be one of your best chances to keep a leash on the F4. If they actually need to stockpile cards for whatever reason, you may have an opportunity to force them into a sub-optimal situation or steal the headline from them. This is a great point, Dylan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.