Popular Tags: [View All]
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the product page:

"Sands of Al-Kalim differs from most Runebound adventures in that it does not include Encounter and Event cards that describe a set story. Rather, the players tell the story! They will face legendary challenges and gain legendary rewards, including mighty mounts, forgotten runes, and magical artifacts. He who completes his tale first is immortalized in song and legend, and wins the game."

What does that mean? Challenges that simply aren´t connected by storyline like that of the base game or something else like you have to tell stories in order to score... ? ^.^ Won´t there be a "master creature" to be the final goal? What will be the goal than? Collect enough reputation by scoring in enough challenges rather than beating up one single end-enemy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect you have quests which are open for all to see...and must complete a certain number to win the game. Just pure speculation of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr X
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm not exactly sure...but I wouldn't be surprised if future expansions were closely tied in to the "ever changing theme" of Al-Kalim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it would make sense to produce little card expansions which use the background of Al Kalim and than each have another story inside... that would be really cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AAh well, sounds like a mechanism equal to the winnig condition by collecting the dragon rune stones in the base game... most times this was more fun than simply bashing the big one after training and training and training... So, this solution sounds good to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.