Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I came to the page for this game to check some forum entries I saw the ad from Funagain with a price of $31.95. This looked high to me as I paid less than $25 for my copy from Game Surplus.

After doing a little searching, I see that Funagain and the Rio Grande web site list the MSRP as $39.95, while all other sites I looked at have it listed at $34.95.

This results in a wider disparity of price than normal between the other online discounters and Funagain.

I'm wondering if there is a typo on the RGG web site and Funagain just picked that up in setting their price or if the MSRP actually did increase and the other FOGS are lagging in updating their prices.

Making a $10 (33%) jump in price from the other Alea mid-box titles seems a bit steep, so I'm guessing that there is a typo involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
RGG's order form also has it as $39.95, see http://riograndegames.com/news/order.pdf

However Alliance Games, one of the major distributors, has the MSRP as $34.95, see http://alliance-games.com/publicaccess/

So the retailers, at least the ones supplied by Alliance Games, are buying it at wholesale based on the $34.95 MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it for $35 from a local retail store, minus a trade or two of magic cards which brought it down to $15 actually. But it seems all RGG prices have gone up by $5 recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.