Popular Tags: [View All]
Roy Hasson
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question that came up during play:

Can you activate a unit several times on the same "card"?
For example, if I draw a "10" card, can I move the same
unit 5 hexes? Or move it 4 hexes and fire as the fifth activation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moody
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card determines how many units may activate, and each unit activated can either move or attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Miles
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that the player can "pass or activate a number of units equal to half the number on the card."
To me, this means the card only indicates how many units you can activate. I don't think it creates some sort of movement/fire allowance that you get to distribute among your units. I could certainly be wrong but that's
how we played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But it also says "If black, he can Pass or Activate units (including previously Activated units) equal to...". What do they mean by "previously"?

(See the new edition rules: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/163900)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hatmaker
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing it that way, viz, if I draw a ten of clubs, I can activate five german units. The only way the germans have a prayer of winning is if you can choose to activate the same unit five times. (This allows you to exploit a hole in the allied lines and get units off the map quickly, as opposed to slugging it out, which will invariably result in defeat). If you play it where each unit can only be activated once, (which isn't stated specifically in the rules), not only will the german player lose every time, but there'll be times when you'll have activations you can't use. (More activation points than units that can fire, or that you want to move). I also play that action points are elective. You MAY activate five American units with a ten of diamonds, but you don't have to... the scenario wherein this is useful is if you have a blockade of the map (your units block the map in such a way that the germans can't pass you without a fight) but only one unit is in range of the germans, and moving four others would open up a hole that the germans could exploit. Just as in actual battle, you don't HAVE to move; you can lie in ambush. On turns like the one just mentioned, I'll use an artillery strike for harassment, and keep my line solid. But, that's just my opinion, and I'm certainly open to a better explanation. Bottom line (for me) is that you have "X" amount of unit activations, which unit/s get activated and for what purpose is at the discretion of the commander.

powwowdancer out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Answered definitively in the affirmative at:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@334.fvo3a6KEHSL.23@.1dd2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.