Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Bueno
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I have maked a video with pictures and music. This video is the idea of what boardgames means to me.

You can watch it in http://trackingshot.com/public/pablobuenoruiz@hotmail.com

In this place there are two videos, one about boardgames and another else. Just choose above in the right the boardgame box.

If you want to make your own video is very easy. Try http://trackingshot.com

Most of the pictures I have used to make the video were downloaded from the BGG. Thanks the photographers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun video - what song was that in the background?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Bueno
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of these mornings by Moby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pableras wrote:

Most of the pictures I have used to make the video were downloaded from the BGG. Thanks the photographers.

It's usually not OK for you to take pictures that others took and present them as your own. You should:

- Write the photographers and get permission to use their pictures, and
- Give credit to the photographers in your video.

As it is, it looks like you took them all, as the video is called "Joe Kopiki's public movies".

Why is this important?

If someone else visits your site, they may copy the pictures from you, and may (or may not) give you the credit. Any connection to the original photographers is then lost.

(I'm sending this message not only to you, but to remind everyone that it's not acceptable to take the work of others and redistribute it without permission, even if the items are published here on BGG.)

n.b. I've just learned from Mr. Bass (below) that images here are released under Creative Commons, non-commercial, attribution, no derivates license. That means you don't need to ask permission, but you do still need to give attribution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All images uploaded to BGG get the Creative Commons License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd-nc/1.0/

Basically just say the photos you used fall under this license and credit the author for each photo and your fine. I have tons of people rip off my site in Russia or remote places of the world. Best I can do is prevent image leeching so I'm not paying for their bandwidth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbass wrote:
All images uploaded to BGG get the Creative Commons License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd-nc/1.0/

Basically just say the photos you used fall under this license and credit the author for each photo and your fine.

Oh, I didn't know this! Thanks for pointing this out. I went looking for this before I posted, but didn't find it.

That license (which is also what I use for BGWS) says that you can use the images for non-commercial purposes, but you must give attribution to the author. It also says that you can not alter the original work.

So, you still need to attribute the photographers of the images, but you don't have to ask permission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Shapiro
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is done very well and it was fun to guess which games these were just from the information in the pictures. (I need to get out more.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, man - I saw that video and kept trying to identify who uploaded each photo. I recognized photos by EndersGame, chuckles2000. Geosmores, snicholson, possibly Thommy8..and I recognized tons of photos that I did not know the uploader for.

Don't identify the game by the photo, identify the uploader! It is much more fun that way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice.

Next time I tell somebody, "I play board games" and they ask, "You mean like Monopoly?" I'll show them this video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sherwood
United States
Arundel
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Overton
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent Job with both of the videos!!
It would be cool to know what some of the games are.
I saw tons of them I would love to check out.

Edit: actually just authors names would be great too.

Again Great Job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
Unfortunately this seems impossible to watch in FF2 - the video is too darn small!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lightnng wrote:
Unfortunately this seems impossible to watch in FF2 - the video is too darn small!

oh ...I thought it was 50 x 50 pixels.....I'm using Firefox 2 also. That's why I stopped watching after about 10 seconds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Bueno
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everybody!

I am going to upload a new video with the name of the games and the name of the photographers of the pictures. Just give me one or two days!

This job is my very personal idea about this hobby.

One of the photographers send me a mail: "Nice job! I was rather honored to see that three of my images made your video. Good work!"

This is the spirit that I like about the community of BGG. Anyway as I don´t want to disturb anybody I will upload the credits.

If one of the photographers were disturb about to watch its picture in my video, I am very sorry. The only reason I did take its picture was because was wonderfull.

Pd: sorry for my bad english. I am from Spain!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the videos touching. But I looked in vain for one of my pictures, and sadly found none.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Bueno
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have Games Will Travel:

I was very close to take one of yours Detroit-Cleveland Grand Prix pictures. They are marvelous.

If I don´t go to jail because the copyright issue, in the next video I will take one of yours pictures.

Best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Bueno
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have created a video with the credits. In this video are the names of the photographers and the name of the games.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.