Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guido Heinecke
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight we had a great game of WotR. Despite of one rules question:
We were 4 players and as soon as one of the SPs had recruited Saruman, the game seemed to slow them down.

1.: In our rules, it is said that in a 4-player game, the Southrons 6 Easterlings have also the benefit of being Elites AND Leaders.
2.: A rolled Banner allows to attack with a (no-Leader-containing) army, a rolled sword allows to attack with an army containing a Leader.
3.: So the question that arouse was: Since all Southrons & Easterlings and Isengard Elites were as well Leaders ("Servant of the White Hand"), may they only be moved with a rolled Character Die? No doubt, this would make them much tougher, but also very slow, because they could only be moved by a rolled Banner Symbol. This could't be the designers' intention and led to very unsatisfied SP. What did we do wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
A "banner" result allows to move (or to attack with) ANY army (with or without a leader).
This is true in all versions of the game (2-player, 3-player and 4-player) and for both sides (FP and SA).
Have fun! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it in fact makes armies with leaders move faster since they then have two types of die results that allow them to move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Heinecke
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I see our mistake. Mille grazie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Heinecke
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I have another question: The german rules are not very clear on how to move Nazgul or Companions seperated from the fellowship.
a) May the SP move all Nazgul to one area (like summoning them to one place) or is he allowd to move each Nazgul to different areas on the board with this one dice?
b) Same for the FP: May all companions on the board be moved or only one person/group of campanions with one person dice?
Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Jonasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
The way I thought about it is "one group" of nazgul or companions, i.e. all companions/naz in one area can be moved. They do not, however need to stay together, just start of together.

That is the way I interpreted it at least...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vidar Ambrosiani
Sweden
Nyköping
Södermanland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NAzguls: All nazguls may move anywhere, (with the normal exceptions, i.e. don't land in FP armies and such), (remember the witch king is a nazgul as well)

Companions: All companions on the map may move, but if lowlevel companions want to use the extra speed of high level companions they must stay with them during the entire move.

/Vidar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A single Character die can be used to move all of the Nazgul and Minions independently, regardless of where they are on the board. This is also true of Companions that have already been seperated from the Fellowship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Lerche
Denmark
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vidarrr wrote:
NAzguls: All nazguls may move anywhere, (with the normal exceptions, i.e. don't land in FP armies and such)

Actually, Nâzgul are allowed to move to a region containing a free peoples army. The only regions that Nâzgul cannot move to, while using a character die(or anytime else) are regions with strongholds under free peoples' control, and NOT besieged by the shadow.

So, if the Fellowship and a free peoples army is in the city of Dale, there's every reason to fly a Nâzgul there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.