Subject: A bunch of random clash of kings questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Tywin lannister, when do you set the x tokens for it? I would think after the cards are shown, as you can't really hold power tokens in your hand, it gives away what card you are using.

2) Can put a one time order then take all the troops out of that area and still resolve it (ie forced muster)?

3) The greyjoy card for adjacent ships adding strength, does it count ships in port? If so, is the port adjacent to the ocean, to the land, or both?

4) For the greyjoy card gain power off their strength, is that just the base strength of the units (1 for ship, 2 for knight and siege, 1 for footman) with no modifiers? Do supporting units count in that calculation, or only attacking or defending ones? Do units from other supporting players count? (sorry about that last question, I don't have access to the game for a while so I don't remember if it says "your opponent's" units or something else)

5) Can you go into a port when nobody owns the city near to it?

6)Can lion's cunning prevent other one time orders being used against you (since they have raid icon on it, counts as a raid type maneuver)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, after. All card effects are resolved after they're revealed.

2) No. At any point a territory is empty, the order is removed.

3) I suspect the Port is only adjacent to the ocean, since no unit can ever enter a port via land. I'm not sure.

4) Not sure, too lazy!

5) No.

6) Yes.

Ultimately, the unique One Time Orders make the game more imbalanced (unless you're using the Clash of Kings cards too.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
3) I think the ocean only as well, because you can't support the land from the port.

We're using everything, found the game to very balanced now, and even more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McCormick
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Re 4 - I think you're referring to the Reader.
From the FAQ at http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/PDF/agotfaqnew.pdf

Q: For the Greyjoy House Card “The Reader” what constitutes
your “opponent’s units”?
A: If you are attacking, then it is all the defending units
(not supporting) in the area under attack. If you are
defending, then it is all the attacking (not supporting)
units.

I understand it's the unmodified, unsupported basic strength of the opposing units directly involved in the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.