Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that one of the historical Adventures (scenarios) in the base game is Agincourt; does anyone who has seen the game know what the others are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Barringer
United States
Rushford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding Agincourt is the only one which is strictly historical. The others may not be fantasy, but they are leading towards the alternate history of BattleLore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've seen mention of a couple others: Navarette (?), based on a battle between the Black Prince and Pedro the Cruel; and the Storming of the Tourelles (?), one of the key events in Joan of Arc's relief of Orleans. Might be a bit off on spelling and specifics. I have no idea if these are purely historical, or if there are fantasy elements included....however, the subject events did actually occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
"Assaulting the Tourelles: Outskirts of Orléans, October 12, 1428, Earl of Salisbury vs Jean de Dunois the Bastard of Orléans" looks to be one of the 'history skewed' ones. Unless the Earl of Salisbury really commanded a Giant Spider on that day. This scenario also allows a customizable war council, which means lore is definitely in play.

"Deeper in Castile: Summer of 1366: A Month Later, Don Pedro the Cruel vs Henry of Trastámara" looks to be non-lore, but looks like it does have Iron Dwarves so it can't be purely historical. And from the title it sounds like a followup to a month-earlier scenario, which was likely also non-lore.

I've also seen the scenario "A Complex Web", I can't make out the location or the date from a low-res image but it looks to be Edward of Woodstock vs Owain the Red Hand... it looks like Owain has a Giant Spider on his side, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Cote
United States
Central Village
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
"Assaulting the Tourelles: Outskirts of Orléans, October 12, 1428, Earl of Salisbury vs Jean de Dunois the Bastard of Orléans" looks to be one of the 'history skewed' ones. Unless the Earl of Salisbury really commanded a Giant Spider on that day. This scenario also allows a customizable war council, which means lore is definitely in play.

Wow, this game looks like it's gonna be fun. A giant spider in on the assault of Orleans? Very cool. Maybe Jean D'Arc showed up six months later with an Earth Elemental, or a company of Dwarves?

Hmm, maybe her heresy wasn't hearing God, but rather cavorting with pagan goblins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.