Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: warp [+] [View All]
Jeff Meitzler
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased a game and it has some board warpage that makes it very bumpy to play on.

How do you fix this?

Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a table with rounded edges. I place warped boards so that they are concave up (edges not touching the table), then with one hand holding the edge and the other pressed flat on the center of the warped part, slowly slide the board over the edge of the table carefully bending it in a direction opposite the warp and about an equal amount to the warp. I do this multiple times if necessary, checking the flatness in between.

For problems getting boards to lie flat that are caused by the board not unfolding "all the way", just flip them over and bend the fold in the other direction just a little. Be careful here as some very low quality board mountings (like Mission: Red Planet) will actually rip right in half.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greg wrote:
I think you mean concave up.

Thank you. Corrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.