Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A player tries to build 2 mosaics in one turn. How are the following situations handled? (Official answer preferred.)

1. The second mosaic in the pile cannot fit anywhere in the garden
(at the start of the turn). How to handle?

a. It is discarded and the player takes the 3rd mosaic in the pile.
b. The player cannot build 2 mosaics.

2. There is space in the garden which can fit either the first or the 2nd mosaic in the pile, but not both. How to handle?

a. The 2nd one in the pile is discarded. The player takes the 1st and 3rd mosaics in the pile.
b. The player may choose to discard either the 1st or the 2nd mosaic in the pile. He takes the other one, plus the 3rd in the pile.
c. The player cannot build 2 mosaics.

3. There is space in the garden for the 2nd mosaic in the pile, but if the player builds the 1st mosaic there, then the 2nd cannot be built. How to handle?

a. The player may choose to build the 1st mosaic there, thereby discarding the 2nd mosaic and taking the 3rd one instead.
b. If the player wants to build 2 mosaics, he may not build the 1st one in that space.

4. There is space in the garden for the 1st mosaic in the pile, but if the player builds the 2nd mosaic there, then the 1st cannot be built. How to handle?

a. The player may choose to build the 2nd mosaic there, thereby discarding the 1st mosaic and taking the 3rd one instead.
b. If the player wants to build 2 mosaics, he must build the 1st one in the available space and build the 2nd one elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think of it as buying mosaics together. You do them one at a time. If, at any time, the next mosaic in the pile cannot be built, discard it.

So...
1. a.
2. a.
3. a.
4. b.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been officially stated that multiple mosaics that have been purchased can be placed in any order.

http://www.daysofwonder.com/index.php?t=msg&th=7604&start=0&...

Therefore, I believe that you would have to discard any mosaic (can be the first, second, or later in stack order) that is unplayable at the time it is to be played and take the next available one and play that if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hendrix
United States
Marysville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone seen any information on how to order the mosaic tiles? Is there a special order for this or a chart or a randomization schedule of some sort? A printable file to deal with this would be awesome! Perhaps a suggested order based on a roll of the High Priest dice prior to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenda Thorpe
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is still a fairly new one around here. so i haven't played a game where at least one player hasn't played before. since they have no idea i let them make a random order. when we play a game and everyone knows how to play i plan to let everyone take turns putting a mosaic into the pile, so that real powerful leaves dont happen. I thought i remembered that being in the rules, but hey i could easily be remembering that wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomason
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's supposed to be random. Just shuffle them in the box lid or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.