tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
za nouge
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
What does his coming from Taiwan have to do with whether or not he should post this? Gotta love a random attack on someone's place of origin... pure class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also fail to see any relevance of that video to this site.

Also,there was no knocking on Taiwan. He said that he expected more of someone from Taiwan which implies that the OP is behaving below the high standard that Taiwanese people usually keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
One would think that comming from Taiwan you have better things to do than waste my time with lame shit that has nothing to do with what you posted nor this website. Now please walk into a running donkey.

If by donkey, you mean ass, then I believe one has already ran into me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumbasses should have been watching for snipers/people who want to kill them/roadside bombs, Not messing around with the kids, Idiots like that draw fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
So ronaldinho, you going to tell us what this post has to do with the game in question? Or why it was posted in the musings forum?

The game War on Terror is making a political statement. (Don't pretend you didn't know that already. And, by the way, the statement is not, "Terrorism is great lets go kill more civilians.") And it got banned.

This post is suggesting that, maybe, instead of rejecting and denying the validity of everything that has anything to do with terrorism, take some time to reflect on your own prejudices and beliefs and do some introspection? Maybe, instead of unquestioningly and doggedly placing 100% of the blame for the killings that are going on in the world today on others (for example, the designers of War on Terror for "supporting" terrorism), take a good look at yourself in the mirror first (like, by watching this clip)?

So, as I believe even Mr-Kill-All-Euros can see, this post has everything to do with the game in question and is more than relevant.

added the parts in parenthesis so you can follow my daunting and elusive reasonings as to why this post has anything to do with the game in question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps your error was not mentioning anything about the game in your original post. I've never heard of the game, didn't know any game was ever banned. Banned from Boardgamegeek or banned by the gub'mint? Did you even mention in your original post that "war on terror" was a board game? I figured you were just talking about THE war on terror over in Iraq.

See. So many questions that go unanswered and a video that has nothing to do with board games (even if "war on terror" actually is a game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Mr_Dove wrote:
Perhaps your error was not mentioning anything about the game in your original post. I've never heard of the game, didn't know any game was ever banned. Banned from Boardgamegeek or banned by the gub'mint? Did you even mention in your original post that "war on terror" was a board game? I figured you were just talking about THE war on terror over in Iraq.

See. So many questions that go unanswered and a video that has nothing to do with board games (even if "war on terror" actually is a game)

Well, I did say "Ban the game..." Unless you thought I was referring to the actual war as a game...but yeah I could've made it clearer as to what I was talking about.

However, I believe skeletor knew very well what I was talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
They did have War on Terror at BGG.CON this year. Never saw it played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
I did. There was a game of it going on, right around the time of the Grand Prize drawing on Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
I did. There was a game of it going on, right around the time of the Grand Prize drawing on Saturday.

Hmmm...Played by a lot of no review writing lurkers it looks!

EDIT: Fixed for ben_ethus' state of well being.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nairb Attobas
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Hmmm...By lot of no review writing lurkers looks like!

My head exploded trying to read that sentence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Becker
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Still sounds like Yoda speaking it it does no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beckerdo wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Still sounds like Yoda speaking it it does no?

play C&C:ancients or play not...there is no try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Reeves
United States
Akron
Oh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
joebelanger wrote:

EDIT: Fixed for ben_ethus' state of well being.

There is a session report from BGG CON here
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/135639

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ManlyWan wrote:

There is a session report from BGG CON here
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/135639

Indeed there is, I stand corrected.

I was actually eying it in the BGG.CON library. Almost tempted to try it. I'll play anything once. Just didn't get any takers. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
One would think that comming from Taiwan you have better things to do than waste my time with lame shit that has nothing to do with what you posted nor this website. Now please walk into a running donkey.

Three questions:

1. This is the "Chit Chat" forum. Things posted here do not have to deal with gaming or BGG. You've been around long enough to know that. Would you care to state the real reason you've attacked this poster?

2. Let's assume maybe you didn't realize the nature of the "Chit Chat" forum. Why haven't you attacked all the other posters whom simply post a non-boardgame related link and simply write "please discuss?"

3. Please explain exactly what you meant when you said, "One would think that comming [sic] from Taiwan..." I'm curious as to why his nationality would have any bearing on his post.

EDIT: Was informed this thread didn't start in chit chat. My bad for being a latecomer to the party. I'm still curious about #3 though.

jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Dove wrote:
I also fail to see any relevance of that video to this site.

Also,there was no knocking on Taiwan. He said that he expected more of someone from Taiwan which implies that the OP is behaving below the high standard that Taiwanese people usually keep.

What you failed to see is that this is the "Chit Chat" forum, where posts and references can be made that are neither gaming or BGG related.

As for your assumptions of what the rebuttal poster meant by his Taiwan reference, I'll ask you this question: How does posting a link equate to bahaving less than the 'standard' of the Taiwanese people when numerous others do the same thing in this forum on a regular basis without any such attacks even though their links are also not game related?

For some reason I think you might have an ulterior motive.

EDIT: Informed this thread did not start in the chit chat forum. Sorry for my own assumption. It kinda changes, well... everything! Get 'em boys!

jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
jyeackle wrote:
MrSkeletor wrote:

Three questions:

1. This is the "Chit Chat" forum.

It wasn't originally. It was originally post in the games forums.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
jyeackle wrote:
MrSkeletor wrote:

Three questions:

1. This is the "Chit Chat" forum.

It wasn't originally. It was originally post in the games forums.

-MMM

Well hell, that changes everything! Where's the "moved" in the title?

As for my other post, rather than deleting them I'll let them stand. No answers required, I apologize.

jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Moved" in the title only appears in the original forum - not in the destination, and then only if it is marked to have the original forum retain the thread title.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
and then only if it is marked to have the original forum retain the thread title.

Bingo. I was wondering about that because I just scanned back a few days and didn't see anything. I learned something new today, like... don't be away from BGG more than a day and try to catch up! laugh

(or play tanga... bad, very bad on the free time...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
jyeackle wrote:
3. Please explain exactly what you meant when you said, "One would think that comming [sic] from Taiwan..." I'm curious as to why his nationality would have any bearing on his post.

Read up on Taiwan and the PRC.

Oh come on. You're dodging the question with something so vague it's a non-answer. I'm already very familiar with the history and present day circumstances of and between the ROC and PRC and US involvement. That's why I asked what *you* meant when you said what you did. It would help narrow it down a bit.

Otherwise I could infer almost anything which would be pointless but probably amusing once I got going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
I just found it a bit rich (and unusual) for a Taiwanies to pick on the american military when they have (had) China breathing down their neck. Normally Iraq war bitching is restricted to the bitter old colonial countries who have an axe to grind.
This is wrong on so many levels it turns my old colonial stomage. gulp
"Shut up. They're defending your freedom of speech. So shut up" shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fade
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ok, the enemy releases propaganda tapes of contractors and workers getting beheaded execution-style and this is the best movie our troops can make in return? They film some kids running down the road after some water? LAME. I'm ashamed to be an American if this is the best form of humiliation they can think of. Where's the creativity? The originality? No Oscar winner here. I give it 1 star out of 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.