Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
For the original session report that started the statistical analysis of Puerto Rico, go here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1192440#1192440

In game two of the experiment, here were the results:

Joe - Seat 1, yes, yes, 2, 12, 25, 37
Me - Seat 2, yes, yes, 1, 18, 22, 40
Tim - Seat 3, no, no, 1, 33, 9, 42

For the second game in a row (all the games we've tracked so far) the player who got "first corn" won. Also, the point totals have all gotten higher the further along in the seat order you are. And as a thrid point of interest, the heavy shippers were the ones who came out ahead in the end, finishing the game a turn before the builders could catch up and surpass them in points.

Tim thinks he has "the best strategy" of producing early and producing a ton. He picks Craftsman or Captain almost all the time and relies on the rest of the players to get him colonists and plantations. Perhaps if we stopped picking Mayor for him, he would be producing left or have to waste one of his own turns on Mayor.

I used my same strategy of Small Market/Large Market/Cash Crop to gain copious amounts of doubloons. However, the game did not last long enough for me to take enough advantage of this bounty of wealth. Perhaps I should give up on the Large Market and shoot for more production earlier.

More next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.