Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Collins
Australia
Melbourne
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules state low roller moves first and high roller attacks first. Glossary says high roller chooses who goes first. Which one is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willson
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the glossary is a misprint; but I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
REGGY wrote:
Rules state low roller moves first and high roller attacks first. Glossary says high roller chooses who goes first. Which one is correct?

In the usual d20 mini games initiative means you get the choice of going first or 2nd. In this one, the rules definately say initiative means you get to attack first, but you move 2nd. The glossary was likely cut & paste from the D&D or SW minis rulesbook and someone missed it...you could probably play it as "initiative chooses"...as long as you keep the move/attack the same (move 1st/attack 2nd or move 2nd/attack 1st).

I doubt you'd choose the opposite anyway, since the advantage in the open starfield is to see what your opponent moves/launches..then you can move and attack. There's no line of sight blocking and damage is all resolved simultaneously anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.