Subject: RPG question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: rpg [+] [View All]
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I know we're not supposed to talk about it too much, but many of us on here are fans of rpgs as well as boardgames. ninja

For the past couple years, I've been mainly into boardgames but right now I'm getting that itch to pick up a few new rpg books. My question:

Does anybody know of a good online site to buy roleplaying books at discount prices?

I'm aware of rpg.now and other sites that sell PDFs cheaper than books, but there is definitely something about having a physical book that appeals to me.

I'm also aware of ebay as an option, but I find that I loose what savings on price I can get with shipping- I'll be looking for 3 books and they're all on ebay, but from 3 different sellers. So I'd have to pay a lot more in shipping than I would getting them all from one place. The same problem applies with buying used off of amazon.

So are there any rpg equivalents of Thought Hammer, Games Surplus, etc out there? Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just :"Steve" will do.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
If what you're looking for is carried on Amazon, they are usually tough to beat. Typically new WotC titles are 30-40% off.
If it's not carried on Amazon, then I usually try NobleKnight.com although they don't offer anywhere near the discounts you can find in the boardgaming world. I don't think those discounts are out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talbot
Canada
Fort Smith
Northwest Territories
flag msg tools
Be seeing you... -Alphonse
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For discounted RPGs: www.stiggybaby.com

For PDF purchases: www.drivethrurpg.com and www.rpgnow.com

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Has anybody on here purchased from discountrpg.com? They have a lot of stuff listed at 25% off retail plus 5% cash back. I tried emailing them to find out how the cash back part works, but all the email addresses on the site bounce back my messages as undeliverable. There's no phone number listed any where on the site, and the message board is full of posts from people with similar problems which definitely raises some eyebrows. Can anyone speak from personal experience? Is this a legit company?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.