Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Reeves
United States
Akron
Oh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the demise of Eagle games, I picked up a copy of Bootleggers. Like virtually everyone else, the two double influence cards are missing.

I tried to send email to the address listed on the Eagle Games web site, but it bounced.

Does anybody know if there is a way to still get the double influence cards?

Thanks,

Allen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to the website and use the contact-us form. I received double influence cards after the demise of Eagle. They no longer ship extra money for free, though. Just print out the 50K bills here. Also, the blank thug cards were missing from the game. They used to ship those out with the DI cards, but do not seem to be doing so anymore. I got the DI cards about six weeks ago, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Key
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try contacting Glenn Drover via this site - he's probably still here somewhere and may have info on supplies...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Reeves
United States
Akron
Oh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomski wrote:
You could try contacting Glenn Drover via this site - he's probably still here somewhere and may have info on supplies...?

I sent him a GeekMail. I'll let you know what he has to say.

I also went back and submitted my request via the web form. Actually, I did that several weeks ago but since I never heard anything I assumed it went into the bit bucket.

I can only hope that all of this means that they are, in fact, sitting in my mailbox as I type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm in the same position, just bought the game and missing the double influence and blank cards. I contacted eagle last week on their website but haven't received a reply. I'd be interested if you hear anything from them.

In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas on what you can do about the missing influence cards, i.e. can you just place a dot on 2 single influence cards to represent the double cards, would that work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Reeves
United States
Akron
Oh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coxy_fc wrote:
In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas on what you can do about the missing influence cards, i.e. can you just place a dot on 2 single influence cards to represent the double cards, would that work?

That will work. I've seen a picture of someone who put yellow dots on two of the single influence cards to denote them as the double influence cards.

That said, I'd still like to have the cards that should have came with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kewl thanks. I'm thinking of giving it a try sometime next week with 3 players. I assume losing 2 single cards as exchange for 2 doubles won't hurt the game.

Yes I agree, its annoying they should leave out cards from so many copies of the game and then be hard to contact about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There appears to be some problems with e-mails getting through. Our server died over Thanksgiving weekend (perfect timing) and the e-mail accounts have been transferred to a new server. There are still a few hiccups but it seems as if most e-mails are getting through. Please e-mail me at keith(at) eaglegames.net and we will get you the DI cards. Sometimes we do not respond to the e-mail and just send out the cards (we get these requests pretty regularly).

Also, please include your shipping address in the initial e-mail, this cuts down the traffic back and forth.

Thanks,

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Reeves
United States
Akron
Oh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
keithblume2 wrote:
Please e-mail me at keith(at) eaglegames.net and we will get you the DI cards.

"You've got mail"

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping that once I can get the DI cards that I can get this to the table to finally try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ManlyWan wrote:
keithblume2 wrote:
Please e-mail me at keith(at) eaglegames.net and we will get you the DI cards.

"You've got mail"

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping that once I can get the DI cards that I can get this to the table to finally try it out.

There are 2 extra singles. You can write a '2' on them and play before you get the doubles in the mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom L
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
READ A BOOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an email to Keith on Sunday, and I received the Double Influence cards on Friday. Great customer service from Eagle Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Flowers
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an e-mail requesting the correct cards through the Eagle Games website over a month ago. I included my mailing address and have received nothing.

I'm going to try to send an e-mail directly to Keith. Hopefully that will work. I wonder why using the company's web page produces no results. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I never got around to asking for the extra cards, so as a house rule whenever a single influence card comes up we roll a die, if it is "6", it becomes a double influence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
artmark wrote:
I never got around to asking for the extra cards, so as a house rule whenever a single influence card comes up we roll a die, if it is "6", it becomes a double influence.

That will result in a lot more influence than the standard game. There are only supposed to be two double influence cards, and they might not even come up during any given game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
Is there any other way to get these cards besides emailing Keith?
This game is alot of fun and would love to have all the intended cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Flowers
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now emailed both Eagle Games through their website and Keith directly and have not received the correct Double Influence cards. I have waited patiently for a couple of months now, thinking that perhaps they are just busy. But now. . .

I hate to call game company out for bad service but compared to the lightning fast responses I have received when dealing with other game companies (Uberplay and DoW, specifically) Eagle Games plainly sucks.

I hope I will receive some sort of response from this posting, but as of right now. . . I doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of trying this game on game night Tuesday, and decided to go through the deck to see if the DI cards were there, and alas, they were not. The Men of Action deck has 78 cards in it, but according to the rules, there are supposed to be 80. I take it that the two missing cards are the double influence cards?

If so, why are people suggesting that there are two extra single influence cards that can be altered to represent double influence cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Flowers
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. . . my deck, and it appears most others, came with 2 extra single influence cards and was missing two double influence cards(for a total of 80 cards). If your deck is two cards short than you really got screwed.

Best of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Rushing
United States
Brilliant
Alabama
flag msg tools
I too got the box with the missing double Influence cards

I also seem to be missing the 4 blank Thug cards listed in the component page of the manual.

I contacted both the email, and "contact us" button on the Eagle Games web site, but haven't heard anything.

Returning the game, would cost me more than what it is worth in costs. I may have to do like some of the others, and turn the 2 extra Single Influence cards into doubles with a marker or something.

/ Twigs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an email to keith@eaglegames.net and received my missing cards and blue mobster within 7 days. I would suggest trying again. Amy Palicka responded quickly and sent the items right away. I had no trouble using Keith's email, but if you want to try Amy's send me a message (not sure if she wants tons of email sent to her address or not or I'd just post it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.