Jayson Myers
United States
flag msg tools
Please check out my other reviews at:

This is a fun little deck, but one that might be a little too easy to beat. This is a villain that I would use with people new to the game. It is also a villain I would buy early in my Sentinels gaming as he is someone who would be easier and more direct to play against.

He is the master of weapons and hunts down super heroes, but I don't think he is very good at it. Play him. Beat him. And move on.

The components are more cards. The cards all match the art of the base game. I really like the art in this game, although it can be hit or miss. The cards shuffle well and I don't see any reason to sleeve unless you want to.

Rule Book:

Flow of the Game:

Ambuscade is a lover of weapons. He has 50 HP. He is considered a superhuman hunter. He is a villain who is trying to hit you at all times. At the end of the villain turn, he hits the hero with the most HP for a projectile damage H - 1.

His most interesting cards are the traps which get shuffled in his deck face up and when they appear they blow up causing damage. He has a lot of one shots that cause some damage.

Overall, he is a weak villain that you should be able to easily defeat.

Should I buy this game?:

Yes, but he is for new gamers. His skill is rather easy to beat, so if you are teaching the game he is a good villain to start with. If you want to get everything, then you will add him. If you are buying the base game, then I would tell you to pick this up also.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.