Popular Tags: [View All]
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this game require German language to play? Is it playable without knowing any German?

Please let me know.. if it is language independent.. then I'll spend couple of moment regretting not to pick it up in Paris..

If it is dependent.. then I congratulate myself for saving 40 Euro.

Thank you
Shingo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nearly completely language independent. All the cards use symbols to describe their function, but the cd-soundtrack counts down time in English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Szukalow
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game does not require an understanding of the German language. It is playable without knowing any German.

To explain:
There are two copies of rules - one in German, one in English.
Each card has a word on it like FUSIONSREAKTOR, KONVERTER, MULTIMINE, MINENKOMPLEX, FUSIONSKONVERTER, ROBOTERFABRIK, etc. of which the particular action associated with the word is explained by means of symbols - as mentioned by AnakinOU.

If you do buy the game - be sure to label and time each sandtimer and run the sandtimer optimizer (downloadable from BGG Space Dealer page) because the sandtimers provided in the game run at different times. The range of timers in the game I purchased were from 1:17 down to 0:57. The optimizer program available fixes the discrepancies so that each player has a set of two timers which will all be very close to the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good advice... I will do that! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I must add that the English translation is very exact. Sentences have not been restructered the way English speakers would expect them, and some odd words are used. You will have to take care in reading the rules...

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.