After playing a few solo games, it seems as is the game is a bit too easy for me. (I want my solo games to make me sweat and sit on the edge of my seat.) A few posts here make me think I'm not alone in this sentiment. Here's my idea to increase the difficulty and decision making involved in the game.
I have not actually tested this yet, see my thoughts at the end for variants on the variant. If anyone actually tries this or has any feedback, please share!
1. Separate out all the monster cards and shuffle them together.
2. Draw 6, select one to put into your draw pile, shuffle the remaining five, discard one face down.
3. Continue to select a card and then discard a card at random until all cards have been selected.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 until all monster cards are either in the draw pile or the discard pile.
5. Shuffle the draw pile of monsters in with the hero cards, etc. Play according to normal rules
This variant definitely makes your decisions during drafting very important. How many chain beginners, middles, and enders do you want? Higher strength or combos?
What size hand for drafting? I have 6. More or less?
How many monster cards should be removed? I have half. More or less?
If anyone tries, please share feedback!
Sounds like a nice variant. Did you finaly tried it?