Transylvania: Curses & Traitors» Forums » General

Subject: Weird observation with sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Toltz
United States
flag msg tools
Your cat likes me more
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
I sleeved this game mostly in Ultra Pro Pro Matte sleeves, but I used some clear Ultra Pro sleeves for the summary cards (since they're double sided), and I noticed something bizarre... The reflection of the lights on the sleeves was deformed around the text and icons on the cards.

I picked the card up, tilted it a bit, and it was definitely the case. The sleeve had embossed over the icons and text on the card. The other players saw it too, and one even took the card out of the sleeve; the text from the card was (barely) legible on the sleeve.

There was no damage to the card, the card wasn't stuck to the sleeve, and there was no (noticeable) residue left on the sleeve after removing the card.

This isn't a complaint or anything. It's just completely bizarre. Even weirder, these clear sleeves were recycled from another game I don't play anymore (Thunderstone), so I know there was nothing weird with the sleeves themselves.

I've sleeved probably tens of thousands of cards, and never seen anything like this before.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.