Linsel Greene
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools

Greetings designers,

I'm in the midst of designing a card based game, and in playtesting, I've found that I need something to bump up the competitive aspect of the game.

So what I'm looking for is an existing game, one which I could get on the cheap, which includes a set of tokens. They need to be identical in shape, preferably of cardboard type thickness, with numbers on the opposite side ranging from 1 to 10.
I suppose blank tokens would work too.

Ideally, they would look like coins on one side, and on the other, would have a number, but I suppose blank on both sides works. I mean, I have a sharpie after all

I want them to be in a little pool, but their values to be unknown.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Linsel Greene

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Looking for a token I can pull from a cheap existing gam
Poker chips, the kind that have no numbers on then and made by Hoyle or Bicycle... You can get all one color and you can find them at convenience stores, supermarkets, etc for $3.00 for 100... then use a sharpie. Problem solved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linsel Greene
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Re: Looking for a token I can pull from a cheap existing gam
Oh, too true. For some reason, I figured they needed to be made of some sort of paper, but there's really no reason that I can't use a sharpie on plastic
Thanks for the tip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.