Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got answers to a few questions i had from Alan and i post them here:

1. Can i play a card and choose to activate a position which i control *without* placing a new piece in that position?

Answer: Yes. Placing a piece is always voluntary. Of course, you could choose to play a piece there to make a fort, then activate the position.

2. Similarly if i can promote to a position i already control, may i choose not to place a new piece there (but this position is activated and can lead to more promotions)?

Answer: Yes. Again, placing the piece is voluntary. So you can activate by promoting through a position you already control without placing a piece.

3. Placing a piece between 2 of my pieces means that i can promote from *both* the left and right positions?

Answer: Correct.

4. A card shows 2 positions. Can i place *only* one piece in a valid position, if the other position displayed on the card is now not valid?

Example (H=Herdsman, F=Farmer, O=Grey):
HO
OF

Can i place a farmer in the right-most position in that case?
(The Herdsman position is now not valid but i will not place a Herdsman)

Answer: No. Both positions must be valid, even if you choose to place only one piece.

5. The game ends *immediately* when a player places one of his pieces in the King position and already has a King Piece (or one of his own pieces in a King position) elsewhere, right? If so, why there are 2 King Pieces?

Answer: The game ends immediately a player controls two King positions. The second King piece makes it aesthetically more pleasing - when you win, you can place the second King piece (even though you don't *need* to).

6. Traitor placement follows normal placement rules?
Example card: FO (Traitor can *not* be placed in rightmost position, right?)

Answer: Correct. Traitor placement follows normal placement rules. Bear in mind that the Traitor is always a swap, never capture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.