Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Stubner
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows -- Bart Simpson
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 7.64 ......These cards can influence other combats initiated by either player in which thier conditions apply. The Combat Cards can last for the entire Action Phase, or until the player loses a battle while losing them.

If a player loses a combat and used any Combat Cards,whether played specifically for this combat or saved from a previously won combat, those Combat Cards are discarded........

Does this mean all combat cards you have played on this turn and still have, even if not used on this combat, are lost? Or do you lose just the cards applicable to the current combat?

Why does not it just say you lose all combat cards you have used or saved, even if not applicable to the current combat?

Rule 11.2-8 does not help me either. It says ......The losing player must discard all played and selected Combat cards......

What does played and selected mean here?

I must be thick because it probably seems obvious to everyone else.

Thanks,

Peter S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not thick. I came to ask a similar question. 7.64 states that if you lose then you remove the combat cards. What if you tie?

Jason

Fury wrote:
Rule 7.64 ......These cards can influence other combats initiated by either player in which thier conditions apply. The Combat Cards can last for the entire Action Phase, or until the player loses a battle while losing them.

If a player loses a combat and used any Combat Cards,whether played specifically for this combat or saved from a previously won combat, those Combat Cards are discarded........

Does this mean all combat cards you have played on this turn and still have, even if not used on this combat, are lost? Or do you lose just the cards applicable to the current combat?

Why does not it just say you lose all combat cards you have used or saved, even if not applicable to the current combat?

Rule 11.2-8 does not help me either. It says ......The losing player must discard all played and selected Combat cards......

What does played and selected mean here?

I must be thick because it probably seems obvious to everyone else.

Thanks,

Peter S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Peter Stubner wrote:
Does this mean all combat cards you have played on this turn and still have, even if not used on this combat, are lost?

No.

Peter Stubner wrote:
Or do you lose just the cards applicable to the current combat?

Correct. Only the cards that are actually used in that battle are lost.

For example: You play a combat card to influence a battle during the first Action Round, and you win that battle. You keep that card face up in front of you, and you could possibly use it five more times – once in each Action Round from Two through Six – before discarding it at the end of the turn. Now suppose you use a different combat card to influence a battle in the second Action Round, and you lose that battle: the combat card that you used in that battle is discarded, but you still retain the first combat card (face up in front of you) because you did not use it in a losing battle.

In other words, Rommel won't disappear just because you lose a battle somewhere in Russia... he will disappear if you lose a battle in the desert in which he participates.

Jason Johns wrote:
7.64 states that if you lose then you remove the combat cards. What if you tie?

Rule 11.2, item 8: "If both players' Loss Numbers are the same, both players are considered to have lost and must discard."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
Jason

richfam wrote:

Jason Johns wrote:
7.64 states that if you lose then you remove the combat cards. What if you tie?

Rule 11.2, item 8: "If both players' Loss Numbers are the same, both players are considered to have lost and must discard."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.