Connect Four» Forums » General

Subject: Playing With Kids, an Easy Handicap rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank McGirk
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a few games with a fifth grader.

I found that giving him the first two moves (i.e. he places two checkers before I place my first) made an enjoyable game for both of us. I still won all three games, but they were close, and the third game, he missed the opportunity for the win.

I was subbing in a "slower" math class, so perhaps the age level is a little off, but we both still had fun, and I have hopes that he'll "get me" tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Ball
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
My children enjoy playing this one with each other and with me. I'm looking forward to trying out this handicap.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
If they play it at school or with friends much you won't need any handicapping or will be able to ditch it quite soon.

Daughter the Elder played this at school last year. Over Christmas (she was a bit over seven) I could only manage a 50/50 win ratio. A friend of ours who is a gamer and an honours degree maths graduate gave up after about ten games. I think he was doing worse that I was meeple

A couple of months later we played ten games in a row, she won seven of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.