Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm really curious about this game but I'm not into art that gives me terrifying nightmares (there's enough horror in real life, thank you). I had actually gotten Talisman 3rd Edition but all the skulls and demonic images freaked me out and I sold it right away. There's not much on the Geek in terms of pics of the cards, but the card for altar-ego and the other nasty (in that one pic) are about at my limit for that kind of stuff in my house. Does it get any more scary/gory than that? If it's just those two I can probably handle it.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of vampire lords, a few demons, a succubus, an incubus, and a couple more ghost variants (I think a Wight.) There are quite a few undead and demons, as there are weapon effects that harm only those types.

The demons are the typical big beefy guys with red eyes and ram's horns.

I can't think of any gore. But I do think there are some skull faces on the demons. One of the magic items is a skull.

Perhaps I'm a bad judge of how shocking the images are, however. (Brief glance around the living room.) Yep, bad judge. The artwork strikes me as roughly similar in style to Talisman 3rd, but without the obsession that game's artist had with putting skulls on EVERYTHING.

Moo,
Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I'd say less risque than Blue Moon, less realistic than Runebound, less focus on occult/death than many games.

These images are pretty representative and they are larger than lifesize on my screen.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/53125

I've played Prophecy with kids (7 & up) with no qualms and I usually have qualms about that sort of stuff. If you are OK with Hunting Party, you will be fine with Prophecy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barnes
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Never leave your house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Frank, just the info I was looking for. I appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crackedlcd81 wrote:
Never leave your house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I should point out that the succubus has topless nudity. It's the only card that has any but since you are sensitive to demonic images does nude women also cause problems? Not sure if you have kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are weapons too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.