Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The English translation of John Smith's power is slightly difficult to understand. It reads:

"Move one of the lit gaslight tile on one of the shut-off gaslight hex."

The way I would read this is:

"Move one of the lit gaslight tiles still on the board to one of the shut-off gaslight hexes."

Is that the correct way to play John Smith's power? He does not get to return one of the lit gaslight tiles to the board after they have been removed, does he? That would beg the follow-up question of what to do if John Smith comes up during the first turn and there is no tile to return to the board. So I think he just moves one of the tiles still on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you're right (about not returning tiles to the board), especially since the rules state earlier, under III. Shutting a gaslight off, "Take the lit gaslight tile with the number of the current turn and put the tile away for the rest of the game.".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right

Before or after his move, John Smith must switch off a gaslight, and switch on an over one (with the same "light" tile).
That means that he is the only one character that is allowed to move a gaslight tile on the board

Gaslight tiles that have been removed from the game at end of precedent turns can never come back on the board

all the best
bruno
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.