3 Posts

Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: Custom Insert for Base Game including FotM Expansion. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barrie Thomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I wanted to create a custom insert to house Agricola and the Farmers of the Moor (FotM) expansion, primarily to improve the set-up time.

I built a series of compartments using 5mm thick foamcore. They all fit in the box with 5mm space to spare. The player mats measure 15 mm when stacked, which means that the lid does not close all the way (Not ideal, but it was the best compromise I could achieve).

The End Product

Player Pieces Tray (x5)

I built Five Player Trays to hold the Fences, Stables, Farmer Pieces, Eight Forest/Moor Tiles and Two Wooden Hut tiles.

The Wooden Family set is widley available online. I got mine from

These all stack up at the far end of the box (please refer to illustration at the beginning of this post).

Animeeples Tray (x3)

Three trays. One for the Horses. Another for the Cows. The Sheep and Pigs share a tray.

These are stacked on top of one another within the box

Action, Round, Summary, Begging, FotM Start Cards, Major Improvement, and Score Cards

I place all the non-Deck Cards here. There are also two slots at the side to hold the 9 Multiplication Markers.

This goes into the box adjacent to the Animeeple Trays.

Tray for Multi-use Markers

I place the Multi-Use and Tombstone Markers from the FothM expansion here.

This tray sits on top of the Miscellaneous Card Container mentioned above.

Resource Tray

The tray has two parts. The Wood, Clay, and Stone Resource Tokens sit in one side. The Grain, Vegetable, and Reed Resource Tokens sit in the other. I used the following resource stickers, which help to distinguish between the darker tokens.

Within the box, the Resource Tray sits on top, across the Multi-use Marker and Player Trays.

Field/Hut Tiles Holder

All of the remaining tiles comfortably fit in this container. I grouped the tiles so that the Field/Stone House Tiles can be accessed from one end, while the Wood/Clay Tiles can be accessed from the other.

Food/Fuel Tokens Tray

This tray sits on top of the Field/Hut Tiles Holder (detailed above).

E, I, K, and F Deck

Note that there is no foamcore base to this piece, as it is never removed from the box. Also, please note that there are Four dividing sections that are not as tall and not as wide as the two "bookend" sections.

When you glue these inside the box, space them apart using the measurements at the bottom right of the following illustration. I cut out a piece of foamcore to size and used that as a guide to space these out and make sure that they remained parallel.

I cut a notch out of the top so that the cards can be more easily removed. I cut a piece of foamcore to the desired shape, pinned this to the dividing section and then just cut around it.

Using Foamcore

If you are not familiar with foamcore, I found the following three-part tutorial very helpful.

I used following tools:

- A2 self healing cutting mat (The grid lines come in really useful)
- 5mm foamcore
- Super strong PVA white glue
- Sharp craft knife
- metal ruler (I used a 60cm and a 30cm ruler)
- Small Pins
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter lassen
flag msg tools
This is really excellent, is it possible to get the actual files for this?

kind regards
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barrie Thomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Rolf,

You can download the 3D files that I used here:

Looking forward to seeing your final product

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.