Subject: Warning to the colour deficient! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T.W. Man
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my first game, we had two players who have some form of colour blindness. Since some action cards refer to the colour of noble cards, this became a big problem. There is no way to distinguish one colour from the other, like symbols. The only way is to know that all noble cards of the same colour belong to the same group (magistrates, military, nobleborn, men of faith, etc.) so the player has to remember that Red means military nobles.

So, if your game group has people who have this problem, be aware that this game may become hard to play in an unexpected way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hawkins
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this for the first time yesterday. I am colour blind also, and yes there were some action cards referring to colour but I found it was a minor part of the game and didn't get in the way. Out of five palyers and two games I managed an equal first and a fourth.

There are worse games to avoid for colour blindness such as Taj Mahal and the Settlers of Catan 5-6 palyer expansion (although a paintbrush pretty quickly solves that one).

Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.