Slovakia Steph
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Slovak flag...proud 7/8 Slovak, 1/8 Polish
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to get this game for my brother for Christmas, but I want a two-player game. The BGG site says it is, yet other sites/places to buy the game state it's for 3 players.

Which is true? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It works for 2-player. Not as much interaction but still a great game for 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play it with two players officially (one color each) but I wouldn't reccommend it as a two players game, or you could play unnofficially with two colors each and with one of these two house rules:

- At the end add all the points of your two colours, the one with the highest wins.
- Each colour scores separately, the player with the highest lower colour wins. (think of Ingenious)

I have never played this way, but it may fix the problems of the official two-players game.

Anyway, if your brother is going to play it exclusively as a 2 players don't buy it, but if he will play it mostly 2 players and occasionally with more, it is an excellent game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slovakia Steph
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Slovak flag...proud 7/8 Slovak, 1/8 Polish
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that helps. We will play more than 2-player, but I wanted something that could be played that way so he can play with a friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deepak Bobbarjung
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I own T2R Europe. My wife and I have played the two player version of this a lot and enjoyed it immensely.
We stick to the original rules and have not tried any of the variants suggested here.

It is not the best two player game out there. (I think San Juan and Thurn and Taxis are better for two), but it still is a lot of fun for two.

Besides it is the first game we think of playing when we are in the company of friends. Enjoyment will definetely come when there are 3 or more.
It is also a great gateway game - It is easy to explain to non-gamers and get them interested and competent in the very first game they play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.