Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
From today's changes to http://riograndegames.com/news.html

Problems with "To Court the King"

I have just learned of serious production problems with To Court the King. Some, but not all of the dice have an extra pip on them so that some of the dice are 1-3-3-5-5-7 instead of the standard 1-2-3-4-5-6. Also, two cards are misprinted: the King and one of the Farmers have the wrong roman number on their backs (the King has a I instead of V and the Farmer has V instead of I).

Accordingly, I have stopped shipping the game and asked my retailers and
distributors to stop selling the game. I plan to have all unsold games returned to my warehouse where I will have the problems corrected. Once I have corrected components, I will offer them for those customers who already have copies of the games with incorrect components.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and am working with the printer to correct this problem as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Games in pipeline, etc
Power Grid: Benelux & Central Europe, Medici vs Strozzi, Fiji, Formidable Foes, and Ark expansion are now available. Imperial, On the Underground, and Yspahan will ship to our distributors this week and be available in early December.

We plan to receive Ruse & Bruise, Shogun, and the reprints of Carcassonne: Hunters & Gatherers and Puerto Rico in mid-December.

If things go as planned, we should receive Hermagor and the re-release of Medici just before Christmas.

That leaves us with Cartagena II, If Wishes were Fishes, and Taluva for
release in January 2007.

We are also looking to begin distribution of Bolide (with new interior and exterior graphics) and its expansions in January.

edit: bolded text is newly added from an afternoon update of Jay's original news update

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly, still no mention of Shogun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
From today's changes to http://riograndegames.com/news.html

Problems with "To Court the King"

I have just learned of serious production problems with To Court the King. Some, but not all of the dice have an extra pip on them so that some of the dice are 1-3-3-5-5-7 instead of the standard 1-2-3-4-5-6. Also, two cards are misprinted: the King and one of the Farmers have the wrong roman number on their backs (the King has a I instead of V and the Farmer has V instead of I).

Accordingly, I have stopped shipping the game and asked my retailers and
distributors to stop selling the game. I plan to have all unsold games returned to my warehouse where I will have the problems corrected. Once I have corrected components, I will offer them for those customers who already have copies of the games with incorrect components.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and am working with the printer to correct this problem as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

arrrh (or to put it in words... Argh!) My FLGS hasn't received it yet. I persuaded the owner to call the distributer to see if there was any way to make sure they got at least one copy (actually, two - I have a good friend who wants this more than I do!). We'll see if it did any good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Interestingly, still no mention of Shogun?

Looks like Jay updated his site again, Shogun has been aded right after Ruse & Bruise, indicating he believes he plans to receive Shogun in mid-December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Some, but not all of the dice have an extra pip on them so that some of the dice are 1-3-3-5-5-7 instead of the standard 1-2-3-4-5-6. Also, two cards are misprinted

I could understand if they were unusual dice, but it seems odd to have this kind of dice problem on standard dice! I bet Jay is just beside himself with the printers. Hey look! Twins!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
All you have to do to get that distribution is to put a pip in the middle of every side, so it can be a simple manufacturing issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
All you have to do to get that distribution is to put a pip in the middle of every side, so it can be a simple manufacturing issue.

I understand that. But 6 sided dice are such a standard item, you would think this would never happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah, odd that they don't just buy dice 'off the shelf'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.