Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Ugly wins are still wins!
mbmbmbmb
here is a link to a site for free breakfast at Chik-fil-A

http://www.freebreakfastnow.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've eaten at Chik-fil-A.

This is price gouging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand. Is there some sort of game you can play with the scrambled eggs, or something? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
What, you think I'm going to give up my personal information for a free breakfast at Chick-fil-a? Hey, they're good, but I'm not up for receiving truckloads of spam in my mailboxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
The promotion should be changed to Free-Breakfast-After-Waiting-Six-To-Eight-Weeks-for-Delivery-of-Coupon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
The promotion should be changed to Free-Breakfast-After-Waiting-Six-To-Eight-Weeks-for-Delivery-of-Coupon.

Even better...

free-crap-that-they-pass-off-as-food-made-from-diseased-and-hormone-fed-
chickens-hardly-worth-dog-food-served-to-you-by-minimum-wage-workers

holy crap:

http://nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c22Ci.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruprecht wrote:
pronoblem wrote:
Even better...

free-crap-that-they-pass-off-as-food-made-from-diseased-and-hormone-fed-
chickens-hardly-worth-dog-food-served-to-you-by-minimum-wage-workers

You may be right about the chickens, but as far as the workers are concerned, I have this to say: In late-high-school-early-college, about seven or eight friends of mine worked at a local Chick-Fil-A. They were extremely well treated by the company. They were paid good wages, had good working hours, were well-treated by their managers; several of them eventually briefly served as managers before graduating college and moving on to bigger and better things. And speaking of college, nearly all of them were given very generous scholarships by Chick-Fil-A.

I never knew any other establishment that consistently treated its employees as well as Chick-Fil-A.

The food may or may not be to your liking (I don't care for it very much myself), but I have concrete personal experience that Chick-Fil-A treats their employees better than any other entry-level business I've ever heard of.

Ah, no, wait, you forget. Chik-fil-a is an EVIL CORPORATION who dares to actually charge market wages for a low-skill job and it's a fast food company, and Fast Food Nation was about fast food companies, so therefore all fast food companies act EXACTLY THE SAME IN ALL MANNERS. So, in short, you are DEAD WRONG and should not bother thinking anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coase wrote:
...Fast Food Nation was about fast food companies...

Was that film any good? I heard mixed reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon W.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
The book was good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless of what they are paid my point was that they are low rent workers and not professionals. You can go to a non-portion control / non-fast food joint... a real restaurant, and get served by people that care about quality and service and know a little about the culinary experience. That place sucks... that's all. Sure, it might taste good, but the meat is from God knows where and most offerings have more than half of your fat & sodium requirement for the day PLUS trans fat which is really bad for you. Places like these are costing us money in health care and in the general decline of public health. I'd be glad to see all these places go the way of the dodo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
pronoblem wrote:
You can go to a non-portion control / non-fast food joint... a real restaurant, and get served by people that care about quality and service and know a little about the culinary experience.

If you think the waiters and cooks really care about your culinary experience in the vast majority of restaurants in the US then you've never had friends in the food service industry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Um... not the vast majority. Yes, have friends that work in restaurants. What is your point? That you should not eat out at all? Not a bad idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schneider
United States
Winter Park
Florida
flag msg tools
pronoblem wrote:
Um... not the vast majority. Yes, have friends that work in restaurants. What is your point? That you should not eat out at all? Not a bad idea.

Yes, the vast majority. I worked in a "nice" steakhouse for two years. Baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, vegetables, etc are all made in giant steamers, ovens, and mixing bowls en masse. Steaks are grilled not by a chef, but by a line cook that's chewing tobacco and sneaking in booze in his 64oz plastic Big Gulp thermos. Salads are "tossed" prior to the shift by illegal aliens.

The manager would hire waitresses based on how hot/good-looking they were. If you were a waiter you had to know somebody to get hired. None of the hiring process actually relied upon culinary knoweldge.

The extent of the training in the culinary knowledge area was basically learning the menu items, what the difference between steak temperatures was, and the names of at least 2 wines for every type (merlot, cabernet, etc).

If you think going to a $25 per plate waterfront restaurant means you're going to be serviced by professionals who all attended a Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute, you're sadly mistaken. The only one at such a place that has those credentials is maybe the kitchen manager or head chef, but they don't do much cooking anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.