Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Can anyone confirm They're selling the system like this?

Quote:
In my opinion, Toys R Us is using underhanded sales tactics to push their extended warranty. I did not preorder, and I did not wait in line. My local Toys R Us claimed that they had units in stock when I called. I drove the seven miles and got in line, which was short - only two people in front of me, and neither of them were buying a Wii. Lucky me.

When I asked for a unit, I was told by the “R Zone” clerk that they were out of individual Wii units. They were now only stocking “bundles”. This “bundle” is not officially-sanctioned. It does not come in a bigger box with factory-packed extras. No, the Toys R Us “bundle” consists of simply a standard off-the-shelf Wii, upon which you are forced to add a game, two accessories (which don’t even have to be official Nintendo accessories), and the extended protection plan from Toys R Us.

The extended protection plan is what really gets me. If this is true, they're forcing customers to get their stupid plans now. If it's broken, I'll bring it back and get a new unit or a refund, thankyouverymuch. If it breaks in the near future, it's got a manufacture's warrenty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toys R Us has done this before with other new systems. I heard about it when the nintendo DS had just come out. Just buy online, its cheaper and it sends a message to TRU that they can't screw people like this and expect to get the business of anyone but people's grandmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.