Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddy Bee
United States
Marin County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the letter of the rules, singular cards that have the same TITLE must be overlayed to form a stack when they are played. So if you play multiple Apollo cards, they must all form a single Apollo stack.

Does this also apply to identical Mission cards?

The reason I ask is Personnel and Ship cards both have a TITLE, but Mission cards do not have a TITLE, therefore a strict reading of the rules would indicate Mission cards are exempt from the overlay rule.

If this is true, it means you can have several copies of the same Mission card in alert status at the same time, and during the course of a single Execution phase, you can resolve all of them.

I find this problematic, because this basically allows you to re-use the same identical cards to satisfy the conditions of duplicate Missions, and also, some of the Missions (like the ones that affect your opponent's cards) can be far too powerful when resolved back to back.

Any thoughts, answers, comments...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Albanito
United States
Marshfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe you can lay them out, but you can only resolve one mission during your execution phase.

Imagine four Shuttle Diplomacy on the table....resolved all in one execution phase. **shudder**

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Bee
United States
Marin County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh! Resolve only one mission per execution phase - that's the rule we missed!

Yup, my opponent smacked me with 3 Investigations in one turn, sending 3 of my people to my deck, eliminating my ability to attack or defend, and that's what prompted my question. We should've paid closer attention to the rules.

Thanks for the response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eddy Bee wrote:

The reason I ask is Personnel and Ship cards both have a TITLE,

Now, this confuses me a bit. I see the TITLE on of the Personnel card, but the Ship cards don't have a TITLE, just a SUBTITLE?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.