Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here a simple role variant I came up with: the idiot.
The idiots objective is to be the first one who is killed. This sounds stupid but I think it is an interesting twist to the game. The big question is what to do if the idiot isn't killed first. There needs to be some penalty for the idiot or bonus for the other players. How about if not the idiot is killed first but another player, that player is resurrected and the idiot is killed instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
der_mandarin wrote:
Here a simple role variant I came up with: the idiot.
The idiots objective is to be the first one who is killed. This sounds stupid but I thing it is an interesting twist to the game. The big question is what to do if the idiot isn't killed first. There needs to be some penalty for the idiot or bonus for the other players.

This Idiot role could be lots of fun. I'd love to try it. However...

Quote:
How about if not the idiot is killed first but another player, that player is resurrected and the idiot is killed instead?

Wouldn't that make the idiot automatically win every game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If the idiot isn't killed first he flees the town?

I'm not sure I like killing two people at once, especially at the beginning of the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
How about if not the idiot is killed first but another player, that player is resurrected and the idiot is killed instead?

Wouldn't that make the idiot automatically win every game?

Nope this wouldn't count as "being killed first" for the Idiot.

Quote:
If the idiot isn't killed first he flees the town?

I'm not sure I like killing two people at once, especially at the beginning of the game

Yes, that would not be good.

I have not had to opportunity to try this role out yet, so I would love to read some reports from you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emiliano Sciarra
Italy
CERVETERI
RM
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When thinking about a new role, always check if the objective of the new role is reachable during all the game, otherwise that player will find himself playing without having a chance to win: this leads to very unsatisfactory game experiences. For example, what the Idiot has to do if someone else got killed first instead of him? After you solved this problem, we can argue about all the other facets of the role...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alkan wrote:
For example, what the Idiot has to do if someone else got killed first instead of him?

The idiot is killed instead and the killed player is resurrected. So in the beginning of the game everyone has to be careful not to kill the idiot. The idiot will try everything to get the fire on himself, so he most often he will target the sheriff. Our group is going to try this variation tomorrow and I'll post a session report soon after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather kill somebody else first, and then let the idiot die, and have the other person be resurrected. This will allow me to weaken a person, so that when he is resurrected, he will automatically have all of his cards discarded. I have no incentive to search for the idiot. It's easier to pick on somebody.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Russell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This role would be very hard to win as with a lot of players, and very easy to win as with only a few players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.