Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still going through all the article questions.

Q: If Santa Maria is my saint, and I wish to use the San Giorgio condition of surrounding someone, can I surround someone on turn 10, announce that I have met that condition, and then go do my 2nd condition of winning on a later turn in which I do not have someone's area of control surrounded, or do I have to do both at once?

Also:
Q: I assume city buildings can only be built one way up (with the cost-side hidden)?
A1: City buildings can be rotated to fit your needs, but they cannot be flipped over to the back.
A2: I saw no indication that you could not flip the buildings over. Why not?

What is the official answer? Can you build buildings by flipping them over? I do not see why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruprecht
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
sbabcock wrote:
I do not see why not?

If nothing else, it would make life quite difficult for the first edition owners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbabcock wrote:

Q: If Santa Maria is my saint, and I wish to use the San Giorgio condition of surrounding someone, can I surround someone on turn 10, announce that I have met that condition, and then go do my 2nd condition of winning on a later turn in which I do not have someone's area of control surrounded, or do I have to do both at once?

Sterling

I'm going off the top of my head for part a (very dangerous at my age), but jeroen has answered both of these in earlier threads.

Both conditions must be met during the check for victory phase for the SM player to win. Very hard to do in my experience. I've never seen SM win.

sbabcock wrote:

Also:
Q: I assume city buildings can only be built one way up (with the cost-side hidden)?
A1: City buildings can be rotated to fit your needs, but they cannot be flipped over to the back.

What is the official answer? Can you build buildings by flipping them over? I do not see why not?

Per Jeroen A1
(one of the first questions asked)
I don't recall a reason why not a2.

marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
easterly1 wrote:

Sterling

I'm going off the top of my head for part a (very dangerous at my age), but jeroen has answered both of these in earlier threads.

Both conditions must be met during the check for victory phase for the SM player to win. Very hard to do in my experience. I've never seen SM win.

Per Jeroen A1
(one of the first questions asked)
I don't recall a reason why not a2.

marc

Ah! my memory does hold up from time to time

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/28837

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/32295

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the answers. Yes, I had not gotten to page 11 or 12 of the articles. I have now gone through ALL the articles to date and summarized them. I plan to post a FAQ to the files area soon, which is why I wanted to get out there with these questions now.

Edit: I also fixed a few things. I added a subject to one of the articles, and put a comment on one of the files that apparently has not been corrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbabcock wrote:

You have to achieve both conditions in the same turn.

Quote:
Also:

A1 - it's not allowed to flip them. Your workforce would be disoriented otherwise .

Jeroen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.