Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Estrada
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
however we would like to try with 2 robbers

1.- Settlers of Catan 4 player game + 2 players expansion (settlers of catan)we only used 5 colors, the 6th frequently suffers a gruesome death. I dont know how to fix this, any tips?
2.- We have 2 deserts
3.- We removed 1 plain tile and replaced it with a custom tile(tornado)wich gives any kind of resource(depending on # of cities etc). It also wipes out any city on the selected number 1-6.
4.- 12 vp for victory and total domination.(we might go to 14)
5.- We want to add an xtra robber, we'll see how this works out, if you have any tips or ideas please reply. There is not a lot of variants for 5-6 player games.
Thanks.

p s - E S L student (if you see any mistake feel free to correct me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your idea #4 about going to 12VP reminds me of the Fishermen of Catan expansion that came out in Games Magazine. It's designed for 4 players but we've enjoyed it so much in my group that I am thinking of printing out a few extra tiles to make it work for 5 or 6 players.

For #5 about the extra robber, are you thinking that the active player gets to move both robbers if they roll a 7? or just one of them? (Getting to move both robbers sounds too powerful.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ivar T.
Norway
Ålesund
Møre og Romsdal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of two robbers:

For Cities and knights, this is my idea:
(Remember you already have the pirate from seafarers if you play with that).

The Black Knight (new piece)
The black knight works the same way as an unfriendly knight:
→ It can break a road and block building of roads and settlements.
→ It can be displaced by normal rules for displacing knights.
→ It can be displaced even by basic knights.
Additionally:
→ It moves independent of roads.
→ It can only be placed on land.
→ It must be placed on the end of a road (or shippingline).
When moving the black knight you can steal 1 card from the owner of a connected road or ship (as with the robber).

When using all three black pieces you must move two of them when rolling a seven, and no player can be blocked with more than two of them.

Questions or comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Estrada
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
steveoliverc wrote:
Your idea #4 about going to 12VP reminds me of the Fishermen of Catan expansion that came out in Games Magazine. It's designed for 4 players but we've enjoyed it so much in my group that I am thinking of printing out a few extra tiles to make it work for 5 or 6 players.

For #5 about the extra robber, are you thinking that the active player gets to move both robbers if they roll a 7? or just one of them? (Getting to move both robbers sounds too powerful.)

One at the time, and only 1 robber per tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Estrada
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
joni wrote:
Instead of two robbers:

For Cities and knights, this is my idea:
(Remember you already have the pirate from seafarers if you play with that).

The black knight works the same way as an unfriendly knight:
→ It can break a road and block building of roads and settlements.
→ It can be displaced by normal rules for displacing knights.
→ It can be displaced even by basic knights.
Additionally:
→ It moves independent of roads.
→ It can only be placed on land.
→ It must be placed on the end of a road (or shippingline).
When moving the black knight you can steal 1 card from the owner of a connected road or ship (as with the robber).

When using all three black pieces you must move two of them when rolling a seven, and no player can be blocked with more than two of them.

Questions or comments?

I'm playing with the normal expansion 5-6 players not the cities & seafarers expansions.
Some of those ideas sound nice, how can i make them work with my game?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ivar T.
Norway
Ålesund
Møre og Romsdal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it can be implemented into basic Settlers, and I will suggest to do it like this:

(modified for basic Settlers)
The black knight blocks your expansion just like an opponents building would do.
→ It can break a road and cause you to lose the longest road.
→ It can be moved the same way as the robber by using a soldier.
→ There is no distance rule to buildings for the black knight (but it can not stand on a building.
Additionally:
→ It must be placed on a road end (but can at the same time break another road).

When moving the black knight you can steal 1 card from the owner of a connected road (as with the robber).

When using both black pieces you can choose to move one or both of them when rolling a seven, and no player can be blocked with more than one of them.

You should also consider the possibility to bribe the robber or the black knight to go away...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.