Thumb up
1 Posts

Napoleon in Europe» Forums » General

Subject: 1815 Scenario Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
j p
msg tools
So me and a few of my friends are looking to play a shorter length NiE session so we're considering the 1815 scenario. I had some ideas to tweak it a bit to make it more historically accurate and add some additional flavor to the game.

First off, the victory conditions will be changed. NOTE: For purposes of this variant you do not face a commitment roll if your capital is occupied, the player will automatically sue for peace if his capital remains occupied at the beginning of the occupying player's next turn.

The Allies win if:
-France sues for peace (voluntarily or because of the loss of a major battle)
-They occupy Paris and hold it at the beginning of their next turn.

The French win if:
-They win two (possibly three?) major battles. This is meant to simulate that Napoleon believed that a decisive battle would undermine the coalition and enable him to receive better terms-at least allowing him to maintain his position as ruler of France.
-Two allied nations sue for peace (voluntarily or because of the loss of a major battle). This simulates that if two of the allied nations were knocked out that the coalition might have sought an armistice.
-At the end of 10 rounds/months France remains undefeated. This is meant to shorten the game in addition to simulating that the coalition might splinter if a decisive victory is not quickly achieved.
-France occupies either Vienna or Berlin and holds it at the beginning of their next turn.

The other change is that, for the first month only, the Allied force in Belgium is NOT treated as a united force. When attacked, the Prussians will be treated as reinforcements which will arrive in the reserve at the beginning of turn 3. This is meant to simulate the conditions of the Battle of Waterloo where the timely arrival of the Prussians was the straw that broke the camel's back and defeated Napoleon's army.

I was also considering whether or not their should be some card play elements as well...more on that to follow maybe. I think these changes balance the scenario out a bit more, and make it possible for the French to win by winning a few decisive battles or by simply surviving.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.