Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: canada [+] [View All]
Marie-Claude Whitty
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys...I would like to find some gaming groups or just gamers to play.
My friends don't like gaming as much as me!!! And my boyfriend is already tired of fulfilling my needs of gaming!!! Let me know if your interested or if you have some infos to give me. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red_mary wrote:
Hi guys...I would like to find some gaming groups or just gamers to play....Let me know if your interested or if you have some infos to give me. Thanks

There are at least two game groups in the area: the Kanata Boardgamers and we'll call the other one the Broadway's Boardgamers (I'm not sure they have a name). The two groups meet on alternate Tuesdays. Tonight, for instance, the Kanata Boardgamers met at Zavida's Coffeehouse in the Kanata Centrum. Next Tuesday, at the Broadway's Bar & Grill on Prince of Wales Drive, the Broadway's group will meet. Both groups begin their session at 6:30pm and run til around 10pm or so. I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to attend either or both sessions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Salut Marie-Claude,

There is a few options, there are game nights in Ottawa, I think that they usually hold game nights on Tuesdays, but I'm not sure. There is also a group that meets on Wenesday in Aylmer at Le Dongon, if I remember correctly, there is a game night every Thursday at "Le centre du comic" in Gatineau, at the corner of Maloney and Boulevard Lorrain. There is quite a few ladies coming there. Usually a small crowd of 10-15 are present most nights (starting 18h00-18h30-ish until about 22h00). This is the game night I do attend with my wife. There is also on Saturdays at the Promenades de l'Outaouais, Multi-zone is having a game afternoon from 1 to 4 PM.

Hope this helps!

By the way, there was a convention in Gatineau last November 11th. You can get more information at : http://www.ludo-outaouais.org

Make sure you don't miss the next edition!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
To follow up on Sean's post (and to reuse an essay post I made last week )

Every second Tuesday a group meets at Broadways (Fisher at Price of Wales), and on the inbetween Tuesdays a mostly-different group meets at Zavida Coffee House in the Kanata Centrum (I believe there are two Zavida's and they meet in the one near the Harvey's, not the one near the cinema).

Both are open. The Zavida group has a 'membership card' that's, like, 5 bucks a year or something, but I believe that's only required to participate in the annual prize tournament and to get a game-store discount (Fandom II). You can show-up-and-play for free. They do annoucements, suggested games, and polling for attendance through a mailinglist, and if they cancel the session they cancel on the list - contact kanataboardgamers@yahoo.ca to get on the list and/or get more info.

The Broadways group isn't nearly so organized. We tend to announce in a thread here and then summarize in a thread here. But who and how many show, and what games are to be played, tend to be unpredictable. Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, and Tichu have been commonly played in recent months - though none of them got played last session. Things usually start at 6:30pm, and we're usually near the Fisher-side windows (when you go in the front doors, turn left and walk to the end of the line).

To get an idea of 'what sorts of games we play' - this past session at Broadway's, around 14 people showed up and the following games were played.

TransAmerica
Pirateer
Oshi
RoboRally
Wizard
Weinhandler
Basari
Modern Art
Sticheln
Railroad Tycoon
Goa

As stated above, Puerto Rico, Settlers of Catan, and Tichu have been common appearances lately. Some version of Ticket to Ride is also common.

The next session is Tuesday, December 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
The next session is Tuesday, December 5.

Is this the Broadway group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Axelfudge wrote:
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seandavidross wrote:
Axelfudge wrote:
Yes

I'm lazy... can you give me the address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
1896 Prince of Wales Drive
(Corner of Prince of Wales and Fisher)

For bussers, it looks like the "3" comes real close (when the bus turns off Fisher onto Viewmount you're a 3 minute walk? north of Broadway's), and the rush-hour route 107 (which goes down Price of Wales). At the end of the evening it shouldn't be tough to find a gamer-with-a-car that's willing to take you either home or, at least, to a transitway stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good! Hopefully I can sneak it into my schedule next week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bekking
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
raize wrote:
How much is the discount at Fandom II?

The discount is 10% and membership is $5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marie-Claude Whitty
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for all the infos.
I certainly will try to make it on the tuesday nights at Broadway. Can we eat and play or only drink/play???
Marie-Claude

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
That's a matter of how much of an effect the eating has on the playing. For some games I've had my meal mid-game. For some games, it just doesn't work so I try to time my meal for a before-games or between-games break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.