Marvel Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: the things clobberin time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Jankowski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
When using the things clobberin time ability does his re-roll add to the previously rolled dice like dice boosting??

If so could you roll for attack, have dice boosting because of support hero, and hten clobberin time them to gain additional hits??

or does the ability just allow you to re-roll becaseu your luck was bad and you didn't get enought hits to beat the defenders roll??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Becerra Aller
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second one.

It's a normal "try again" re-roll. Just roll all the dice and apply second roll result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
May you decide to re-roll, after the opponent rolled his defense, or do you have to decide before he/she rolls it?
How do you play that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anwar Dalati
Germany
Hamburg-Altona
flag msg tools
mb
schmoove_de wrote:
May you decide to re-roll, after the opponent rolled his defense, or do you have to decide before he/she rolls it?
How do you play that?

I used to play it that attack and defense occur simultaneously, but just got corrected (look at my thread).
Obviously you first announce any attack boosts, then roll attack, then decide whether or not to reroll and only then does the defender roll defense.

Makes defense a lot better than it used to be, have to see in my next games how this affects the gameplay...

BTW: Where in German do you live? You seem to play the game a lot, as do I. Maybe we could meet up sometime? I'm in Hamburg.

- Anwar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's convincing to play it that way, so the decision to discard a resource card gets harder. I more and more like the Thing. He is nice to use in the beginning of the game for easier headlines. He is quite "cheap", only Level 2 and is good for some sure early wins with the Clobbering time ability, fueled by the supporting ability of Mr. Fantastic.

What is your favorite combination of F4-members in the beginning of the game, when don't have that much Plot-points.

Off-Topic: I live in Braunschweig, that's not really near Hamburg, but I would also like to arrange a game on occasion. Maybe if I visit some concert in the "Headbangers ballroom" in the future, I'll send you a PM!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anwar Dalati
Germany
Hamburg-Altona
flag msg tools
mb
schmoove_de wrote:

What is your favorite combination of F4-members in the beginning of the game, when don't have that much Plot-points.

Haven't played the F4 too much yet, as I only played 6 games total and I don't really like them. The time I did play them I found the Torch with his moderately good troubleshooting levels and the Nova Flame quite powerful. I used Thing and/or Mr. Fantastic for support.

schmoove_de wrote:
Off-Topic: I live in Braunschweig, that's not really near Hamburg, but I would also like to arrange a game on occasion. Maybe if I visit some concert in the "Headbangers ballroom" in the future, I'll send you a PM!

Sure thing, just drop a PM! Maybe you'll be coming to the Nordcon (http://nordcon.de/)?

- Anwar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Becerra Aller
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmoove_de wrote:
How do you play that?

I used to play deciding to use re-roll or outcome modifiers after the opponent roll, for the card says "your last roll". But, re-reading a previous answer, I think it should've done before the opponent rolls defense.

Check it out:

cybernex wrote:
(from http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/134915)
Rolls are not simultaneous. So if your opponent rolls first, you may decide to base your choice on the outcome of his roll. However if you are rolling first, you have to decide whether you want to reroll before your opponent rolls dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.