Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got a copy of Tumblin' Dice from a friend who had purchased multiple copies on sale. It's well made, big, and assembles easily. The first time I played it with my younger kids and they were entertained but not whipped into a frenzy or anything. I took it the other night over to friends, and with four adults playing teams it was pretty fun, with people laughing and pretty engaged.

Pros: lots of fun with the right crowd and can play with many people. No learning curve

Cons: big, harder to haul around, and lots of randomness, although skill comes into play as you improve.

Although I like it, I think I like Crokinole more, slightly. Crokinole provides more control and is sort of soothing to play, and still supports four. On the other hand, TD is a game that could come out at every large family gathering with good results, whereas Crokinole takes a little while to get good enough for it to be interesting.

After writing the above, I played this with seven family members at once, using teams. They ranged in age from 2-77 (seriously!) and everyone had a great time. So everone from my two year old daughter to my visiting father-in-law was able to play three rounds. My youngest would just fling her dice across the board, knocking off people left and right while we groaned and she laughed. Because there were seven players, we had three teams of two and a seven-year-old with his own set of dice. I'm not sure we could have held the attention of the younger kids for more than three rounds due to the minor turn delay, but still it was pretty good.

No other game I want to play can accomodate that range of people and ages with so little learning curve, so I'm holding onto it for now. I'll probably get a fifth set of dice for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.