Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning" - Dr. Reiner Knizia
mbmbmbmbmb
Over on the thread "Lowering Defcon and War Event Question," four changes in the second edition were identified:

Korean War does not lower DEFCON

Red Scare/Purge is 4 OP, not 2

NATO forbids Brush War in US controlled Eureopean countries

Arab-Israeli War subtracts 1 from the roll if the US controlls Israel

However, a friend of mine tells me that on Consimworld the list of changes includes one other item:

UN Intervention can't be played as a Headline

Just FYI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg Forster wrote:
However, a friend of mine tells me that on Consimworld the list of changes includes one other item:

UN Intervention can't be played as a Headline

This is not a change from 1st edition. You can only play one card in the headline phase, and the UN event requires you to play 2.

There are a number of other changes that are in the rulebook, which can be downloaded. This includes some optional rules. The list above is only about the cards that were changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning" - Dr. Reiner Knizia
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can you download that? Is there a new FAQ?

There's nothing in the most recent FAQ I have (the one that's here on BGG) about not being able to use UN Intervention as a Headline. I mean, the ruling makes sense, I just wasn't aware of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meng Tan
Australia
Bridgeman Downs
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for mentioning this, I thought there was some sort of printing error on my cards (Korean War and Red Scare/Purge). Had these changes been expected? What do others think about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.