Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I placed an order at Funagaingames on 11/22 and the order status has been
"3. Your order is waiting to be reviewed by a customer service representative." for about 3 or 4 days now. Does anyone know how long an order typically stays in this status before it is shipped? I sent an email to Funagain asking this question a couple of days ago, but I haven't received a response.

All of the items in my order are in stock as far as I can tell. I haven't ordered from Funagain in quite awhile, and I don't remember how long my last order took to process.

By the way, this isn't intended to be a criticism of Funagain, I'm just Jonesin' for my games! twitch...twitch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
My order has been in their warehouse for shipping for a few days now as well. Maybe something is up with the order updates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same issue. I sent them a message earlier, but no reply yet. I'm assuming they are probably backlogged with all their Essen orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed an order with them back on 11/12. I ordered a few Essen items, but only those they had listed "In stock." Since then, my order has been "Approved", but "Your order is waiting to be reviewed by a customer service representative." The individual items in my order are not listed as "Qty not avail", but they have a status of "backordered" when you go the the product page.

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is, either. Did they just oversell what they had in stock, and just haven't bothered to tell us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haigh-Hutchinson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
The Essen games were delayed. Last I heard was that they had reached customs in Portland.
I'm waiting on a number of them myself, but Nick has been very good about keeping me updated.
I expect to hear something very soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
I placed an order with them back on 11/12. I ordered a few Essen items, but only those they had listed "In stock." Since then, my order has been "Approved", but "Your order is waiting to be reviewed by a customer service representative." The individual items in my order are not listed as "Qty not avail", but they have a status of "backordered" when you go the the product page.

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is, either. Did they just oversell what they had in stock, and just haven't bothered to tell us?

That is very similar to my order. Everything was "In Stock" when I placed my order. None of the items on my order are listed as "Qty not Avail", but Spielbox Magazine: Der Knizia Almanach I is now listed as "This item is currently backordered with no firm available date. As soon as it's available you'll be able to purchase it right here." on the product page. I hope this isn't causing the delay, because it was in stock when I placed the order.

I could cope if at least one order that I've placed in the past couple of weeks from various sources had shipped:

Tanga - Not shipped yet
Fantasy Flight - Not shipped yet
Paizo - Not shipped yet (freak snow/ice storm in Northwest, customs issues)

I NEED an order to ship so I can track it's progress. That's my only hope...either that or play some of the games that I already have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems only some of their games were delayed. One of my Essen games is still listed as in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dinky_Gnatbane wrote:

That is very similar to my order. Everything was "In Stock" when I placed my order. None of the items on my order are listed as "Qty not Avail", but Spielbox Magazine: Der Knizia Almanach I is now listed as "This item is currently backordered with no firm available date. As soon as it's available you'll be able to purchase it right here." on the product page. I hope this isn't causing the delay, because it was in stock when I placed the order.

This is my understanding: Essen items (I'm talking about games imported from Germany, not titles present at Essen but now released domestically, like Fiji and Formidable Foes) are listed as "in stock" if there are still copies available for preorder. Once they sold out their preorders, the items were then listed as "This item is currently backordered with no firm available date." So if you were able to place it into your cart and pay for it, you should receive the item, since it is being set aside for you.

My experience with Funagain customer service has been quite mixed. They have been extremely quick and responsive when I've asked to add items to my order, but ignore half of my messages inquiring about the status of my order. I can't blame them, but Thor at Game Surplus and Tom at Boards & Bits have always been better at replying to inquiries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
It seems only some of their games were delayed. One of my Essen games is still listed as in stock.

I think it is probably listed as "in stock", but they still have not received it yet. I'm guessing that this means that they haven't sold out on preorders. I could be wrong, but this is what I'm thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Marshall
United States
Sudlersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat as many of you--waiting for a order that included Essen titles. On the front of their website it says:
Quote:
Our Essen 2006 games are now available for purchase! Please note that these games will not ship until November 17th. Due to high air freight traffic and new customs security measures, the games will not reach our warehouse until that time. However, ordering now will reserve a copy for you and your entire order will go out once the shipment has arrived.
I have since heard form their customer service that the shipment was delayed and the orders will ship once the items are received. Of course, I didn't notice the message on the front page until after my first email to their customer service department. To their credit, they have been prompt in responding to my emails. I only wished that they had noted the delay on the individual title pages. I might not have placed the order this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Pence
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also in that boat with everyone else.

I placed my first Funagain order on 11/17 and was used to the 3 days that Fairplay usually takes from order to doorstep.

After no online updates or shipping information by 11/22 (I was hoping to have them in time for family gaming during Thanksgiving), I sent an inquiry.

After 24 hours I got a reply stating that a shipment from Germany was coming in, and that all orders would be shipped out by 11/27.

Here it is 11/29 and nothing yet. I sent another inquiry this morning.

The order does include a pre-order item (Incan Gold), but I sepcifically indicated separate shipping when necessary.

*sigh* I should not have strayed from Terry's excellent service at FairPlay games. Funagain has put me off. A slick website and user interface is still no substitute for good customer service. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Bee
United States
Marin County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same situation for me - I ordered a bunch of items that were marked as in stock on Funagain's website, purposely avoiding items that were pre-order, since I wanted my shipment to arrive quickly.

After my order sat in limbo for a week, I wrote to them, and they promptly responded that the Essen items were delayed in customs and they were expecting the items the next day.

That was 3 days ago, and everyone is still waiting.

Although their web site did say that Essen items would ship sometime around 11/17 (it's far beyond that now), I think it was wrong of them to mark the items as in stock. As far as I'm concerned, any item that isn't physically in their hands should be considered a pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered something from FunAgainGames.com on the 26th of this month... it shipped on the 28th.

I agree that if they're marking items as "in stock" that aren't "in stock" then that's wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
khader abdel-Hafez
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar experience last month. I placed an order which included Santiago. My shipment was delayed for almost 1 month. When I placed the order, I don't recall seeing anything to the effect that the item was not in stock.

I placed an order yesterday though, and it shipped out today. Either way, it does seem like they have a problem.

Khader

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haigh-Hutchinson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I know that Nick was very frustrated with the delay in getting the games from Germany, and was hoping to have received them before the 17th.
Of course we're almost 2 weeks past that date, so I share your pain since my own order was placed on the 8th or so.
Actually, just got an email from Nick - the games are still in customs, should hopefully clear that today or tomorrow (the 30th), one day to funagain then sent out straight away. He says its the longest customs delay he's ever known...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Eddy Bee wrote:
Although their web site did say that Essen items would ship sometime around 11/17 (it's far beyond that now), I think it was wrong of them to mark the items as in stock. As far as I'm concerned, any item that isn't physically in their hands should be considered a pre-order.

I completely agree with you. I specifically selected games that were 'in stock' so that my shipment would not be delayed.

I have received a response from Funagain since I made my original post and basically it says that the shipment from Essen was delayed and is still in transit. My order will ship when it arrives.

I think 'Spielbox Magazine: Der Knizia Almanach I' is what is holding up my order. It is now marked as 'backordered' on the item's webpage but it was marked as 'in stock' when I placed my order.

I didn't start this thread to bash Funagain, I was somewhat confused about their order process and hoped to get some clarification from other people who have ordered from Funagain recently. I don't think Funagain has ripped me off, it's not like it's been weeks since I placed my order. However, I do find the order process to be a little opaque.

I probably just need to listen to some good box farts, smell some chits and chill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haigh-Hutchinson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Just a quick update, Nick let me know that the games cleared customs on Thursday and should be at funagain by Monday.
Hopefully that should mean that they will ship out early next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Marshall
United States
Sudlersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good news...I've been waiting since the 9th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haigh-Hutchinson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
FYI:

Essen 2006 Shipment Has Arrived!

Dec. 04, 2006

Our 2006 Essen shipment just arrived at our warehouse and orders containing those items will begin shipping immediately.

We apologize for the delay, and thank you for your patience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haigh-Hutchinson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I don't believe that there was any malicious intent at all.
I think it simply took longer than would reasonably be expected for the games to arrive.
I've never had any problems in my dealings with funagain, and have actually found them very accomodating to changes to my order, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for my order. I have no Essen games, but I guess they must be backlogged with all the essen orders. They haven't been unreasonably long, but I really want to get them soon. One order was placed on 29th of nov and the other 31 oct (but this had to wait for GMT to ship).
Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haigh-Hutchinson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Yes, I completely understand your position. My order was place on the 8th of Nov, too.
But I'm sure they will be sent in the next day or so.
Fingers crossed,
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Woohoo!

The status for my order has been updated to:
"Your order has been completed and is in our warehouse for shipment."

I guess the Spielbox Magazine was in the Essen shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zx80 wrote:
I don't believe that there was any malicious intent at all.
I think it simply took longer than would reasonably be expected for the games to arrive.

It is misleading.

'In stock' means we have it in stock; i.e., it is physically here.

NOT we expect to have it in stock soon.

And this case shows exactly why if it is not actually in stock, it should say 'in stock soon'.

I know of no other company (not that there aren't any, but I don't know of them) that lists things as 'in stock' that aren't actually in stock but just expected soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haigh-Hutchinson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Misleading, perhaps, but probably well-intentioned.
I'm sure there are other companies that advertise goods as in-stock when they are not.
I had a similar experience trying to get the game Pentago from one of Amazon's suppliers. After 2 weeks of communications they admitted it wasn't in stock at all.
After 4 weeks I cancelled the order...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.